Author Topic: trade husband's posters for shoes and purses.....  (Read 13921 times)

Offline abused_wife

• Beginner
trade husband's posters for shoes and purses.....
« on: December 14, 2009, 09:51:03 PM »
.......the love of posters has turned into an obsession.  I think I can still turn him from the dark side, but the posters can't be there to tempt him.  So really, I'm a good wife if I trade all his posters for shoes and purses, right?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: trade husband's posters for shoes and purses.....
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 09:57:12 PM »
Dear abused wife.  I think it is extremely important for the health of a relationship to allow your husband to take a breather from his very controlling wife.  It will make him a better man and a much nicer husband.  Learn to appreciate his hobby, and the abuse might end.

Good luck.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

admin

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 09:59:40 PM »
Actually, I think the abused wife has a point.  Clearly, eatbrie is an obsessed individual when it comes to posters.  I think he needs to be reined in a bit -- we don't need kooks despoiling our new home!

Go ahead and trade them for some Pradas and while you're at it, buy yourself a nice diamond with that Spielberg collection!

Offline abused_wife

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:01:51 PM »
....controlling?   WHAAAA?  I'm offended.  I thought this forum was so we don't offend the users anymore.  Crap, must be on the wrong forum

Hi Holiday! dig the site :)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 10:02:33 PM »
I'm not quite sure abused wife was talking about eatbrie.  Eatbrie doesn't know abused wife.  Eatbrie is abused by his own wife and some of his friends.  Eatbrie is getting very upset.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 10:29:09 PM »
....controlling?   WHAAAA?  I'm offended.  I thought this forum was so we don't offend the users anymore.  Crap, must be on the wrong forum

Hi Holiday! dig the site :)

No, this forum is about limiting the offensive matter to posters of all kinds.  General offensiveness, such as that of eatbrie, is strictly forbidden.

The site is cool, isn't it?  Thanks!  Amazing that it could be set up in just a few days.  Somehow Andy got his mind around there being a lock on poster forums.  I think we'll change that.  If not, then we have our own little universe to play in!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 02:07:10 PM »
Anyone else is abused by his wife?
My Personal Collection

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 02:40:45 PM »
I have to rush home from work when I am expecting a delivery. If I don't, I fear my wife will beat me with the poster tube. I don't mind the beating just don't F-up my poster.

Cj

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 07:15:18 PM »
No, this forum is about limiting the offensive matter to posters of all kinds.  General offensiveness, such as that of eatbrie, is strictly forbidden.

The site is cool, isn't it?  Thanks!  Amazing that it could be set up in just a few days.  Somehow Andy got his mind around there being a lock on poster forums.  I think we'll change that.  If not, then we have our own little universe to play in!

Competition is a good thing.  It tends to bring out the best in all involved. Looking forward to this forum taking off

Offline abused_wife

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 07:50:16 PM »
Hmmmm, threatening to beat him with his poster tube with said poster still inside?  This forum is giving me wonderful ideas.  I used to just say I'll put all my husband's posters on ebay, and sell them all back to him unbeknownst to him since he has so many that I do not believe he knows what is what.

kauaitx

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 09:58:55 PM »

Oh, is this the Julie I think it is?

Jeannie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 11:39:11 PM »
Yes Jeannie.  But don't get too excited, she won't be coming on here too often, just to complain about me and my posters.
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 11:44:10 PM »
Oh, is this the Julie I think it is?

Jeannie

Julie could never be the Julie you think she is.  If she were, she would be insane for maintaining her relationship with poster-crazed dude that does nothing but stroke his tube(s) with a glazed look in his eyes.  But, she's not insane.  She's resigned!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

kauaitx

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 12:11:26 AM »

I did get excited!

But, umm, if she's "only" coming onto the board to complain about Thierry and his posters, wouldn't that require her to be be here all the time?

Jeannie

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 12:14:29 AM »
exactly...
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 12:34:03 PM »
and then there's the excessive cigar smoking to contend with as well. My heartfelt thoughts and concerns are with the abused wife

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 01:27:22 PM »
How do you know THAT?

Did SHE tell you?

:o
My Personal Collection

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 02:14:40 PM »
I can hear and feel her desperate sobs across the seven seas...

Offline abused_wife

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 02:33:24 PM »
A) I didn't divulge your nasty cigar habit
B) I like this Mondo guy...a lot.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 05:40:01 PM »
A) I didn't divulge your nasty cigar habit
B) I like this Mondo guy...a lot.

Want to grab a meal some time?

Send me a PM.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 07:06:53 PM »
Funny, Ben.  Abused_wife, aka my wife, still complains about my cigar habit (now more than ever) and wouldn't be caught dead participating in the forum.  She was actually the forum's first registered member.

Sorry.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 07:09:36 PM »
wouldn't be caught dead participating in the forum. 

I know.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2014, 07:42:37 PM »
Fun seeing this thread again.  Goes back to the first days of APF. 
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline lynaron

• Collector
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 10:37:30 AM »
some of the wife's shoes, slightly out of control, and I mean that in the nicest way.

My posters, nicely presented.

I'll raise a glass to the illusion but drink to the reality.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2014, 12:02:13 PM »
Awesomeness onslaught - please break your camera soon Lyn ;)
Chris