Author Topic: Exit Through the Gift Shop DS Quad  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Exit Through the Gift Shop DS Quad
« on: March 10, 2011, 06:23:14 PM »
Does anyone have a guaranteed original handy for comparison?  I just bought one of these off the 'bay and the paper seems all wrong... almost as thick as cardstock.  It is kind of matte printing; maybe a bit of satin, but definitely not glossy like most moder quads I've seen.  The print quality doesn't seem great, but it is not super fuzzy either.  And while the front and back images line up when held up to the light, the back is the same intensity as the front.  Most DS posters have back images which are considerably lighter (and the blacks are more blues). 

Any help?

agentprovocateur

Re: Exit Through the Gift Shop DS Quad
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 10:17:14 AM »
Can't get to my quad atm, but got a friend who took some photos of theirs to email them to me.

From memory my quad was not glossy either and I'd agree in calling it a 'satin' or 'silk' finish like you mention. The paper was quite thick, personally I wouldn't push it as far as card stock but maybe 180-220gsm (guesstimate!).

To be honest I can't remember the reverse printing that well, but when I saw my mates photos it does look like both sides were printed near enough 100%.

Front/back

'12' Mental Age

Hope that helps... can dig mine out if there's anything else that needs checking.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 11:17:11 AM »
Thanks Ian!

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 06:30:27 AM »
where did you get it from mate? i can conform there are very thick paper, iv had 4 all the same..

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 10:25:29 AM »
I got it from eBay, but it was from a seller with tons of recent posters (some good, but mostly crap)... I didn't have any initial concerns buying from that seller based on their stock and their feedback.  I only got worried after it arrived and both the paper was so thick and the back side printing intensity was the same as the front.  Thank you all for confirming that they are simply like this.