Author Topic: What's on your walls?  (Read 545603 times)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Re: What's on your walls?
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2011, 04:39:47 PM »
That is some frame-a-majig, T. I don't think the Dog likes it empty...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2011, 04:43:17 PM »
You were right, T. 
That GWTW looks better in person (and your pics convey that very nicely).  thumbup

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2011, 04:55:13 PM »
Those guys knew how to use colors.  The red on GWTW is as bright as the blue on WOTW.  Really stunning in person.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #203 on: March 21, 2011, 05:41:04 PM »
The wife kicked all the others out.

laugh1 At least she allows one.  To many women, that would probably be considered a magnanimous compromise.  ;D

Beautiful GWTW and frame.  That GWTW has to be the best paper for the film, and it displays real well linen-backed.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2011, 05:54:15 PM »
...just show her images of Mels - wall to wall of his framed posters. I am sure she would cave and say 1 or 2 more in the house would be ok.

I once did, I think when Mel first showed it to us, and her answer was: "Does he have a girlfriend?"  (Sorry Mel, it's true :))

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #205 on: March 21, 2011, 06:50:14 PM »
Great posters T

I don't think the Dog likes it empty...

Thats because he knows he has to step into the biological replicator contraption and be turned into a white dog.

[

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2011, 09:12:52 PM »
Hahahaha Steve!  Nice observation!  ;D
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #207 on: March 21, 2011, 09:20:19 PM »
Thats because he knows he has to step into the biological replicator contraption and be turned into a white dog.

Funny!

It's impossible to take pictures without the mutts.  They follow me everywhere I go.  Yes, even in the shitter.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #208 on: March 21, 2011, 09:59:53 PM »
Beautiful panel for GWTW, Thierry... they just dont make them like that anymore. And I agree..that has to be some of the most vibrant paper for the film!

Jeff

-Jeff

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2011, 09:13:15 AM »
Awesome paper you got thierry, i like the frame set up also.

i just got some frames and some extra 24x36 plexi from sue at hollywoodposterframes.com she has good prices and fast shipping.
here is my first framed one sheet

Evan

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2011, 11:45:09 AM »
Now that (THE KILLER) is a poster worthy of framing.
Really nice, Evan.

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2011, 07:39:10 PM »
Now that (THE KILLER) is a poster worthy of framing.
Really nice, Evan.

thanks brude. i really love this poster. now i just have to figure out what to put in the other frame i bought.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2011, 08:40:44 AM »
eatbrie - that gone with the wind is spectacular...and love that display too!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2011, 04:39:44 PM »
I once did, I think when Mel first showed it to us, and her answer was: "Does he have a girlfriend?"  (Sorry Mel, it's true :))

T

Very nice T - that's why I like the LBs - they display very well.

As far as the ladies, like you said about Abused Wife, they have absolute zero interest in posters.  Not a negative, not a positive, they just don't care.  If you broach the subject, they politely feign mild interest and then move on to other subjects.  So the unstated deal is I don't talk about posters to them and they don't talk about shoes, clothes, Oprah, and other subjects I couldn't care less about.  So it all works out - or doesn't....

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #214 on: April 01, 2011, 05:25:54 PM »
That is not universally true about women and posters... my wife loves our posters!  She could care less about the collecting aspects, and about the hoards paper I have stored away never to see the light of day, but everything that is on the walls went up with her enthusiastic approval.  She can't wait to get the new French Bogart up either! 

We first started talking about it posters in terms of art... I think that helped.

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #215 on: April 01, 2011, 05:35:31 PM »
That is not universally true about women and posters... my wife loves our posters!  She could care less about the collecting aspects, and about the hoards paper I have stored away never to see the light of day, but everything that is on the walls went up with her enthusiastic approval.  She can't wait to get the new French Bogart up either! 

We first started talking about it posters in terms of art... I think that helped.

I never even owned a poster before I met my girlfriend. Her older sister worked at the movie theatre I work at now and she had a bunch of posters from the last five or six years on her walls. She encouraged me to decorate my walls and sparked the entire campaign that would be my movie poster collection.

Now she hates them. She doesn't care about movie posters and says its all I talk about. I wonder what makes you so special, because it certainly hasn't worked out for me. When I first started collecting I never thought in a hundred years she would be so lackadaisical about movie posters, but there've been times where it causes a fight.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #216 on: April 01, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »

So things just keep getting better in Mattville eh?  ;)
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #217 on: April 01, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
The most recent girlie to venture into my cave - ignoring all the posters - did say "great bookshelves!"

So I got that going for me....  :)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #218 on: April 01, 2011, 09:58:22 PM »
The most recent girlie to venture into my cave - ignoring all the posters - did say "great bookshelves!"

So I got that going for me....  :)

She was just trying to avoid discussing the elephant in the room(s) or inadvertently getting on your bad side while praying you didn't kill her before the night was over.  ;)
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #219 on: April 01, 2011, 10:09:26 PM »
She was just trying to avoid discussing the elephant in the room(s) or inadvertently getting on your bad side while praying you didn't kill her before the night was over.  ;)

Hmmm, now that I think about it she did look genuinely frightened by my NOTLD poster in the bathroom.

But really who WOULDN'T put that poster in the bathroom?  Just like a Norman Rockwell IMHO

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2011, 10:16:36 PM »
So what happened last night Mel?   

bed1 bed1 bed1

You can tell us, I highly doubt she checks this site.

I was mistaken,

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2011, 10:43:50 PM »
So what happened last night Mel?  

bed1 bed1 bed1

You can tell us, I highly doubt she checks this site.

Work in progress, put it that way.  

Good news is that she's classy - kind of girl you want to marry.  

Bad news is that she's classy - the XXX posters have been banished for the foreseeable future.

No more

bed1

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2011, 11:06:12 PM »
The question is if you had those things down BEFORE she came in.

I was mistaken,

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #223 on: April 01, 2011, 11:21:28 PM »
The question is if you had those things down BEFORE she came in.

... It may well have turned into a scandalous night!!!  ;)

I think if it goes good with this lady, Mel, then I do believe just a few of your posters will be taken down over time to appease her.
Best wishes,
Adam

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #224 on: April 01, 2011, 11:52:39 PM »
I was born 20 years too late.  Cheesy-sleazy is no longer social acceptable.  :(

My Dad's old law firm used to throw wild parties in the 1970s.  Dad always said that "it wasn't a party under some secretary took off her clothes and jumped naked into the pool."