Author Topic: What's on your walls?  (Read 545143 times)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: What's on your walls?
« Reply #1725 on: December 27, 2015, 11:01:20 PM »
haha me too.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

perrycfc

« Reply #1726 on: January 03, 2016, 01:19:59 PM »
Some amazing posters on show

Offline StarryKat

• Beginner
« Reply #1727 on: February 06, 2016, 12:33:51 PM »
This is all I have so far, my Rumble Fish book art on one wall, a Turkish Rumble Fish (sadly, the frame my father bought was damaged in transit but it'll do to hold it until I get a new gallery wall started this summer) and an outsiders that was already framed when I bought it. travelling back across london with it on public transport was a pain but worth it for me!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1728 on: February 06, 2016, 12:55:31 PM »
So how many Outsiders and Rumble Fish posters do u have?  You must have quite the collection by now.  And more importantly, aside from those Japanese posters, which ones r u still trying to get?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline StarryKat

• Beginner
« Reply #1729 on: February 06, 2016, 01:15:29 PM »
Just those 2 Japanese ones of yours I am still looking for, T (also possibly the full size Japanese one with the illustrations as I have that as a chirashi and the programme, shall have to go through my posters this summer and catalogue them) , I don't know how many I have in total (when I started I foolishly bought a few reproductions and those silly reprinted signed ones, what can I say, I was learning! I have a few duplicates as some are in varying condition (the famous UK quad was reprinted in late '80s by various London stores so I had to hunt down an original and few survive in great condition, that I know of). I don't know what ones I am missing as I don't know if they made ones from Poland/Czech etc (I see various Coppola titles in Polish but not these two?)  I notice I have a few that are not listed on your site so let me know if you want me to PM ones that you can look to add? To be honest, I use your site as a guide and I have them all except for these two or three Japanese ones with the YA tie ins. Do you not have a Turkish Outsiders to go with your Turkish RF? It has a pretty lady on it! 

I think my rarest would be a Hebrew Rumble Fish poster. (just the same Solie artwork, heavily bolded with a lurid coloured border) Oh and I got a nice one from Doug Coupland the producer, he was doing a fundraiser in Tulsa for the cinema that the Outsiders filmed in and he had an auction for 6 original signed posters from Coppola and himself and another who worked as a producer, so I grabbed a rarer US advance as my previous poster was rather beat up and was pleasantly surprised that Doug further personalised it with "To Katie, our biggest fan" haha ;) will dig it out for a photo!
 I collect everything on these two films specifically (am currently working on a heavy research project) and my priceless items would be original scripts in their embossed folders that I have the cast sign and also my outsiders complete novel version poster that I am awaiting two last signatures and then I can frame it.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1730 on: February 06, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »
To be honest with you, I don't specifically collect these 2 titles.  They're not among my must haves.  I like the movies though, like 100s of others, so if I see something I don't have, I get it, but I'm not trying to complete a collection, which is probably why I never tried to get some of the posters you mentioned.

But I do appreciate your passion.  I have it too for a few other titles for which I will get everything I see.

T
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 02:44:53 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #1731 on: February 06, 2016, 02:43:11 PM »
Just those 2 Japanese ones of yours I am still looking for, T (also possibly the full size Japanese one with the illustrations as I have that as a chirashi and the programme, shall have to go through my posters this summer and catalogue them) , I don't know how many I have in total (when I started I foolishly bought a few reproductions and those silly reprinted signed ones, what can I say, I was learning! I have a few duplicates as some are in varying condition (the famous UK quad was reprinted in late '80s by various London stores so I had to hunt down an original and few survive in great condition, that I know of). I don't know what ones I am missing as I don't know if they made ones from Poland/Czech etc (I see various Coppola titles in Polish but not these two?)  I notice I have a few that are not listed on your site so let me know if you want me to PM ones that you can look to add? To be honest, I use your site as a guide and I have them all except for these two or three Japanese ones with the YA tie ins. Do you not have a Turkish Outsiders to go with your Turkish RF? It has a pretty lady on it! 

I think my rarest would be a Hebrew Rumble Fish poster. (just the same Solie artwork, heavily bolded with a lurid coloured border) Oh and I got a nice one from Doug Coupland the producer, he was doing a fundraiser in Tulsa for the cinema that the Outsiders filmed in and he had an auction for 6 original signed posters from Coppola and himself and another who worked as a producer, so I grabbed a rarer US advance as my previous poster was rather beat up and was pleasantly surprised that Doug further personalised it with "To Katie, our biggest fan" haha ;) will dig it out for a photo!
 I collect everything on these two films specifically (am currently working on a heavy research project) and my priceless items would be original scripts in their embossed folders that I have the cast sign and also my outsiders complete novel version poster that I am awaiting two last signatures and then I can frame it.

Tulsa

It is a shame the old Admiral Twin burned down. I suspect we have been living very close, just never knew it.
The Outsiders is a great film/book. Congrats on a nice collection. I especially like the Aussie OS/Lobby!
This Space For Rent!

Offline StarryKat

• Beginner
« Reply #1732 on: February 06, 2016, 03:03:03 PM »
Hi Gingerman, I live in London, UK but have been to Tulsa twice, visiting locations and extras. Will be going again next year for the 50th anniversary of The Outsiders book. Yes, it was a real shame about the admiral twin, glad I got a chance to visit it before it burnt down but I'm glad to see they have rebuilt it.

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #1733 on: February 06, 2016, 03:23:50 PM »
Well...I was wrong. My house is in Kansas. Tulsa is a short 2.5 hour drive. Have you ever viewed a film at the Admiral Twin? There is a certain energy in the air only common to the drive in....IMHO anyway.
Anyhow....if your in the neighborhood I am always up to meet a fellow collector!
This Space For Rent!

Offline StarryKat

• Beginner
« Reply #1734 on: February 06, 2016, 04:23:08 PM »
Yes, I watched The Outsiders there! Was a great atmosphere seeing a movie playing that was filmed there!

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1735 on: February 12, 2016, 04:32:33 PM »
Well...I was wrong. My house is in Kansas. Tulsa is a short 2.5 hour drive. Have you ever viewed a film at the Admiral Twin? There is a certain energy in the air only common to the drive in....IMHO anyway.
Anyhow....if your in the neighborhood I am always up to meet a fellow collector!

I live in the OKC area.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #1736 on: February 12, 2016, 04:56:43 PM »
I live in the OKC area.

Schan....really? That is a shorter drive than Tulsa...just straight south on 35. Is that an invitation?  ;D
This Space For Rent!

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1737 on: February 12, 2016, 06:42:56 PM »
Schan....really? That is a shorter drive than Tulsa...just straight south on 35. Is that an invitation?  ;D

Depends on when you want to come.  Are you in Wichita?  I am up there all the time........my wife is from up that way.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #1738 on: February 14, 2016, 03:25:01 AM »
Depends on when you want to come.  Are you in Wichita?  I am up there all the time........my wife is from up that way.

I frequent Tulsa, Wichita and Wellington. In a few weeks I will be back to work in Wichita. Offer is good my friend, just let me know. Grab a beer and chat about paper.....
This Space For Rent!

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #1739 on: February 14, 2016, 06:08:46 AM »
Not sure if the link works, but had a nice event yesterday with the launch of a special poster edition of a Dutch magazine SCHOKKEND NIEUWS with interviews with designers Enzo Sciotti and Gilles Vranckx. Gave a little talk about the evolution of Italian poster art starting with the big three BCM and ending with Sciotti. I dressed the walls appropriately.
https://www.facebook.com/mo.vieink/posts/976535599105276?notif_t=like

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #1740 on: April 03, 2016, 10:57:23 PM »
Finally got a few of my posters framed and on the wall.

Dollars Trilogy - Japanese Tatekan Set

Apocalypse Now - Thai 2 Sheet

Crushed - One Sheet - Printers Test

SideFX - One Sheet

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #1741 on: April 03, 2016, 11:03:30 PM »
Love the artwork on that Thai

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #1742 on: April 03, 2016, 11:03:52 PM »
Congratulations, they look very good

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1743 on: April 03, 2016, 11:08:25 PM »
Those 3 Dollars tatekans side by side are just awesome.   thumbup

-Jeff

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1744 on: April 03, 2016, 11:15:55 PM »
Well done!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #1745 on: April 04, 2016, 09:31:30 AM »
Looks awesome...bet the chicks think you're the coolest guy on the block now eh?

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1746 on: April 04, 2016, 01:14:55 PM »
Wow all top notch, looks great!

Mirosae

« Reply #1747 on: April 04, 2016, 01:55:07 PM »
Dollars Trio looks absolutely  wonderful

That is an excellent display. notworthy.gif

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1748 on: April 04, 2016, 06:56:52 PM »
Looking good! Particularly love Few Dollars More and the Thai Apocalypse Now.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1749 on: April 08, 2016, 04:55:35 PM »
Looks great Chad!
Schan
My Poster Gallery