Author Topic: What's on your walls?  (Read 545573 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: What's on your walls?
« Reply #1050 on: October 02, 2013, 07:21:06 PM »
I'm sure he'll have no problems selling it at that price, especially given the condition.  He put it up at the shop last week.  Besson has one too, but at 1500 Euros and with no mention of condition.  Anyhow, just thought I'd share the info.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #1051 on: October 02, 2013, 07:27:17 PM »
Way to go to the walls T!

Love all those. For your frame, after Rope, I'm liking that Italian North by Northwest.

Bond for the wife is sweet.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1052 on: October 02, 2013, 07:52:16 PM »
You have no bad options here T!  I'm having a hard time picking myself.  My first thought was NxNW for sure -- how can you not go with Hitch (especially THAT poster)!  At the same time, da-YUM that Bardot poster is hot hot hot. 

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1053 on: October 02, 2013, 08:03:13 PM »
An additional thought, display both and flip a coin for which one goes first.  Even better, rotate monthly and put up a poll each time with three choices for us... if only so we have an excuse to view more of your incredible collection!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1054 on: October 02, 2013, 08:54:11 PM »
Yeah, funny Matt, but maybe not.  You know I'm not a huge fan of showing off.  I only posted some recent acquisitions on here because some people have given me shit about not displaying anything.  Just wanted to show them there was some progress.  But doing it on a regular basis, um, not my thing.  I have a website.  I haven't touched it in a couple of months, but I will soon enough.  I have more than 100 posters to upload.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #1055 on: October 04, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »
 I want to be able to open it and change posters.  
T
Any idea how it would open ?.
Would the frame have to open vert or hoz for your setup...

Stew

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1056 on: October 04, 2013, 01:17:12 PM »
The hinges would be at the top.  It would open from the bottom, like the other frame.
My Personal Collection

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #1057 on: October 04, 2013, 01:26:45 PM »
The hinges would be at the top.  It would open from the bottom, like the other frame.
Makes sense..that would make the posters easier to change.

Stew

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1058 on: October 04, 2013, 01:30:14 PM »
Makes sense..that would make the posters easier to change.

Stew

Side hinges would be easy to work with, too. It would be like opening a big book, when doing the swap-out. (And if there was clearance room, that is).  ;)

-Jeff

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #1059 on: October 04, 2013, 01:43:48 PM »
Side hinges would be easy to work with,
:o... :P

Stew

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1060 on: October 04, 2013, 01:51:14 PM »
Yeah, but side hinges put a lot of pressure on the hinges and the wood they're connected to.  Plexi can be heavy, especially thus big.  Top hinges don't have this problem.  All you need is a piece of wood or metal to hold your frame open. 
My Personal Collection

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #1061 on: October 04, 2013, 01:55:42 PM »
Yeah, but side hinges put a lot of pressure on the hinges and the wood they're connected to.  Plexi can be heavy, especially thus big.  Top hinges don't have this problem.  All you need is a piece of wood or metal to hold your frame open. 
i wouldn`t go with side hinges either,the weight of the frame could loosen the wall fiiting.

Stew

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1062 on: October 04, 2013, 01:57:12 PM »
Yeah, but side hinges put a lot of pressure on the hinges and the wood they're connected to.  Plexi can be heavy, especially thus big.  Top hinges don't have this problem.  All you need is a piece of wood or metal to hold your frame open.  

T,

Do you think it would it work if there were 3 (or even 4) side hinges, evenly spaced? To distribute the weight that way?

But i see what you mean.. better to have the weight of the plexi not putting that weight stress on the frame mounts that are attached to the wall, if hinged on the side.

Jeff

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:59:14 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1063 on: October 04, 2013, 02:38:03 PM »
Jeff, we tried to do it on the hallway frame my father-in-law built, but it was too damn heavy, especially on the top hinges.  I'm sure it can be done, but why take the risk when top hinges are so easy on the wood.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1064 on: October 04, 2013, 03:34:16 PM »
Jeff, we tried to do it on the hallway frame my father-in-law built, but it was too damn heavy, especially on the top hinges.  I'm sure it can be done, but why take the risk when top hinges are so easy on the wood.

T

Gotcha.

thumbup
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:36:29 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Ray Faiola

• Beginner
    • Chelsea Rialto Studios - Classic Film Score Restorations
« Reply #1065 on: October 07, 2013, 01:01:30 PM »

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #1066 on: October 07, 2013, 01:07:05 PM »
Hi Ray  welcome1

Very nice,the colors are great.

Stew

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #1067 on: October 07, 2013, 01:25:23 PM »
 welcome1  to the forum Ray, and may I say, Very nice indeed... thumbup
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1068 on: October 07, 2013, 02:14:31 PM »
Now THAT'S a 6 sheet!   clap clap

And Lupe is spitfire, too.

Beautiful, Ray!

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1069 on: October 07, 2013, 02:18:58 PM »
welcome1  to the forum Ray, and may I say, Very nice indeed... thumbup

Same from me!
Chris

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #1070 on: October 07, 2013, 04:32:26 PM »
welcome1 Ray. Some very fine pieces there.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #1071 on: October 07, 2013, 06:31:26 PM »
Love the six sheet. How did you put in on the wall?

Welcome

Offline Ray Faiola

• Beginner
« Reply #1072 on: October 08, 2013, 07:48:32 AM »
Love the six sheet. How did you put in on the wall?

Pushpins.  There's usually at least one set of tack holes in most of these vintage posters.  I generally keep them up for a month or so.  We have screenings every month as well as Sons of the Desert meetings each month, so I like to switch-out the oversize posters.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #1073 on: October 08, 2013, 08:34:31 AM »
Pushpins.  There's usually at least one set of tack holes in most of these vintage posters.  I generally keep them up for a month or so.  We have screenings every month as well as Sons of the Desert meetings each month, so I like to switch-out the oversize posters.

Good on you. Screenings, with different posters up, that's my dream. Do you try to show a poster for what is showing in the screening?

Offline Ray Faiola

• Beginner
« Reply #1074 on: October 08, 2013, 09:19:58 AM »
Good on you. Screenings, with different posters up, that's my dream. Do you try to show a poster for what is showing in the screening?

Always.  But I will freely admit that, as a film collector I can't spend "money" on posters.  So most of my Universal Horror posters are reprints.  I don't count those as part of my paper collection.

I also put the original pressbook on display at the screenings.

Here's the poster that hangs in my projection booth: