Author Topic: Movie Premiere memorabilia  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
Movie Premiere memorabilia
« on: January 19, 2011, 03:02:03 AM »
Does anyone know anything about movie premiere memorabilia? I'm specifically referring to movie premieres held at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. I know that individual movie tickets are not sold to the public but rather handled through the studios. Is there any way to find past movie premiere tickets or ticket stubs from this theater? Also is this the location where movie press kits are handed out or is that done before the premiere?

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
Re: Movie Premiere memorabilia
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 07:44:31 AM »
Does anyone know anything about movie premiere memorabilia? I'm specifically referring to movie premieres held at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. I know that individual movie tickets are not sold to the public but rather handled through the studios. Is there any way to find past movie premiere tickets or ticket stubs from this theater? Also is this the location where movie press kits are handed out or is that done before the premiere?

Don't know about tickets, I have never seen one, but I posted some images of premier programs:

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,1582.0.html

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 10:26:16 AM »
Also is this the location where movie press kits are handed out or is that done before the premiere?

Hey, Ryan. Movie presskits and/or pressbooks are usually sent to ALL theaters scheduled to run any film at any time, not just premieres.  They contain ad slicks for local advertising, etc. and are not meant for public distribution. Usually each theater gets one, maybe two and, quite often they get cut up by the theater manager..

Programs, on the other hand, are usually restricted to major premiers -- big, first-run titles.  Most movies don't get the benefit of having a program produced these days. I have a few from STAR WARS and CE3K, but I haven't seen many produced recently.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:22:14 AM by brude »

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 12:42:41 PM »
Here is a Star Wars movie premiere package that I found on Ebay. I would love to find this same package for Space Jam:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Episode-III-ROTS-movie-premiere-ticket-set-/230511348015?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ab8c092f