Author Topic: More Fraud from Heritage  (Read 215 times)

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
More Fraud from Heritage
« on: March 31, 2024, 06:04:31 PM »
Not a poster, but another general sign that Heritage just doesn't care anymore.

In their second Greg Jein sale this past week, that had this "prop" listed from Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/movie-tv-memorabilia/props/godzilla-vs-king-ghidorah-toho-1991-kids-kizzu-ship-filming-miniature/a/41185-4267.s?

They also had it as part of the first Jein sale, but that sale has been removed from the database.
The problem with this listing is that the item they offered is NOT a screen used prop - it is though a very nice replica that was cast from the original and presented to Jein as a present.
The original is still in Japan, was recently seen at a Godzilla Museum event sponsored by Toho and is even pictured in the Godzilla DNA Museum book sold at the exhibit. I double-checked and verified this information not only with the sponsor of the museum event, but one of the SPFX suitmakers that worked on the film.

I submitted this information to Heritage a few weeks ago, but haven't even gotten the courtesy of a reply.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Re: More Fraud from Heritage
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 08:43:31 PM »
Good on you for letting these shenanigans be known.  Heritage seems to be going down the path of "buyer beware." It's surprising to see how high some stuff there sells for, and how low their customer service is, how inaccurate their descriptions are, etc.  People shouldn't pay champagne prices and get hot dog flavored water service.

PS: for folks who want hot dog flavored water:
 https://sporked.com/article/7-eleven-hot-dog-flavored-water-review/

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: More Fraud from Heritage
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 12:43:58 PM »
I submitted this information to Heritage a few weeks ago, but haven't even gotten the courtesy of a reply.

This makes me mad.  This is not the way to run a business.  At the very least, they should acknowledge your expertise.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)