Common Poster Subjects > Dealer's ONLY Board: For Sale/Auction/Trade

The #1 auction for vintage posters and related items for 34 solid years!

(1/2) > >>

BruceH:
Did you know WHY my company, eMoviePoster.com, has been the #1 auction for vintage posters and related items for 34 solid years?

Lots of reasons! When you consign to eMoviePoster.com you not only pay far and away the lowest fees (at EVERY price level), but you get the highest selling prices (when you compare "apples to apples and oranges to oranges")?

PLUS you are dealing with the most honest auction house there is, the only one that treats ALL consignors (and buyers) the way you deserve to be treated, in every single transaction?

That is an unbeatable combination! And the above is why we have had a staggering THREE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED FORTY FIVE consignors, almost all of whom keep consigning to us until they have nothing worthwhile left to send us!

And it is sad that a fair number of them only find us after having terrible dealings with other auctions, and they often add, "I SO wish I had found you guys first".

And buyers get so much from eMoviePoster.com they don't get from any other auction. No "buyers premiums", no inadequate packing, no nosebleed shipping, no enhanced images, no inadequate or missing condition descriptions, no deception of ANY kind!

There are two comments we hear over and over from buyers. One is that we "grade really harshly", but we contend that everyone else grades FAR too laxly!

The other is that the buyers don't have to "hold their breath" when opening their purchases, as they do with other auctions, because so often the items within are nothing like what they were purported to be, and that NEVER happens with us!

But how is it that BOTH consignors AND buyers can do better with us at the same time? That's because we charge so much lower commissions that all other auctions, so buyers can pay less AND consignors can receive more for the same item!

And we work so much harder than any other auction. We have no "trade secrets". ANY other auction could match what we do, but they would to work many times harder than they currently do (and pledge to ALWAYS be 100% honest, even if it cost them money in the short term) and no one is willing to do that!

eatbrie:
If I die tomorrow, my kids will take a few things, I know my son wants Star Wars crap, but the rest is yours, Bruce.  The wife knows.

T

BruceH:

--- Quote from: eatbrie on March 10, 2024, 05:34:44 PM ---If I die tomorrow, my kids will take a few things, I know my son wants Star Wars crap, but the rest is yours, Bruce.  The wife knows.

T

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the too-kind words, Thierry. But that means we are in a race as to who lives longest. Here's hoping you outlive me by a VERY wide margin!

eatbrie:
Life is good.  I'd like to stick around a little longer. 

This being said, are you saying that your company will die with you?  Are none of your current employees willing to buy you out or take over the business?  None of your kids?  Isn't it lucrative enough?

T

eatbrie:
Hey Bruce, an answer to the above?  I'd like to know.

T

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version