Author Topic: The #1 auction for vintage posters and related items for 34 solid years!  (Read 331 times)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Did you know WHY my company, eMoviePoster.com, has been the #1 auction for vintage posters and related items for 34 solid years?

Lots of reasons! When you consign to eMoviePoster.com you not only pay far and away the lowest fees (at EVERY price level), but you get the highest selling prices (when you compare "apples to apples and oranges to oranges")?

PLUS you are dealing with the most honest auction house there is, the only one that treats ALL consignors (and buyers) the way you deserve to be treated, in every single transaction?

That is an unbeatable combination! And the above is why we have had a staggering THREE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED FORTY FIVE consignors, almost all of whom keep consigning to us until they have nothing worthwhile left to send us!

And it is sad that a fair number of them only find us after having terrible dealings with other auctions, and they often add, "I SO wish I had found you guys first".

And buyers get so much from eMoviePoster.com they don't get from any other auction. No "buyers premiums", no inadequate packing, no nosebleed shipping, no enhanced images, no inadequate or missing condition descriptions, no deception of ANY kind!

There are two comments we hear over and over from buyers. One is that we "grade really harshly", but we contend that everyone else grades FAR too laxly!

The other is that the buyers don't have to "hold their breath" when opening their purchases, as they do with other auctions, because so often the items within are nothing like what they were purported to be, and that NEVER happens with us!

But how is it that BOTH consignors AND buyers can do better with us at the same time? That's because we charge so much lower commissions that all other auctions, so buyers can pay less AND consignors can receive more for the same item!

And we work so much harder than any other auction. We have no "trade secrets". ANY other auction could match what we do, but they would to work many times harder than they currently do (and pledge to ALWAYS be 100% honest, even if it cost them money in the short term) and no one is willing to do that!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
If I die tomorrow, my kids will take a few things, I know my son wants Star Wars crap, but the rest is yours, Bruce.  The wife knows.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
If I die tomorrow, my kids will take a few things, I know my son wants Star Wars crap, but the rest is yours, Bruce.  The wife knows.

T

Thanks for the too-kind words, Thierry. But that means we are in a race as to who lives longest. Here's hoping you outlive me by a VERY wide margin!
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Life is good.  I'd like to stick around a little longer. 

This being said, are you saying that your company will die with you?  Are none of your current employees willing to buy you out or take over the business?  None of your kids?  Isn't it lucrative enough?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Hey Bruce, an answer to the above?  I'd like to know.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline redman

• Collector
my guess is that Bruce politely ignored you as they were weird questions?

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Hey Bruce, an answer to the above?  I'd like to know.

T

Here is what I said to my 3,245 consignors:

TEN MONTHS AGO I MADE A COMMITMENT TO ALL OF YOU! It is now March 2024. I will continue running this business (just as I have for the past 34 years) through the end of 2025, at the very least!

Since that should roughly coincide with our TWO MILLIONTH auction (which I DO want to reach) I will go until 12/31/25 OR our 2,000,000th auction, whichever comes later!

After 12/31/25, I make no promises at this time. I MAY WELL continue longer (especially as I am SO liking the "new" eMoviePoster.com), or I MAY somewhat withdraw from the business so the employees run it more and more, or I MAY look for a buyer for it (possibly some of the employees themselves), or I MAY close it down!

SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR OUR CONSIGNORS?
If YOU are someone with a house (or a warehouse) full of items, realize that for the next 22 months you have a effortless way to sell all your items, both with no work on your part, and you get to deal with the most honest and most trusted auction there is!

AFTER 2025 comes to an end, do those of you with a house (or a warehouse) full of items have a "Plan B" if we are no longer auctioning (which may or may not happen)? You surely DON'T want to sell your items one at a time, and you surely know most dealers would offer you pennies on the the dollar, and you surely know that almost every other auction would charge you huge fees and only want your best stuff, so SHOULDN'T YOU CONSIDER THE MERITS OF CONSIGNING TO US OVER THE NEXT TWENTY TWO MONTHS?

And PLEASE don't tell me that your plan is to let your heirs worry about how to deal with your stuff after you are gone. That often works out terribly, and sometimes whole collections are literally trashed. Unless you positively hate your heirs, do not choose this option!

Over and over the past few years, very long time collectors with huge collections have told me that "we need to have a talk one of these days" because they need to make a plan on how they will deal with their collection. That time has now come, and all of you have 22 months left in which figure out what to do, and you want to start thinking about this sooner than later!

Now I have no crystal ball! Maybe a new auction like ours will emerge down the line that offers a reasonable alternative to auctioning through us. I hope that occurs. But for right now, I feel that what I say above makes a massive amount of sense for those of you who are in an age bracket (or a point in your life or collecting) where you want and need to do SOMETHING with your collection sooner than later!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 10:04:03 PM by BruceH »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
After 12/31/25, I make no promises at this time. I MAY WELL continue longer (especially as I am SO likely the "new" eMoviePoster.com), or I MAY somewhat withdraw from the business so the employees run it more and more, or I MAY look for a buyer for it (possibly some of the employees themselves), or I MAY close it down!

I don't think it's a weird question at all, but the above answers it.

Thanks Bruce.  Hopefully one of your employees takes it over.  Or I just buy you out hahaha.  Although I don't think I could do what you do and see all these posters go through my fingers without owning them.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
I don't think it's a weird question at all, but the above answers it.

Thanks Bruce.  Hopefully one of your employees takes it over.  Or I just buy you out hahaha.  Although I don't think I could do what you do and see all these posters go through my fingers without owning them.

T

I really AM liking phasing out of cheap junk. I am hoping I can get to 500 auctions each one, only good stuff. Then I can see myself staying with it permanently.