Author Topic: The Prestige unreleased international UK Christian Bale dotted teaser onesheet  (Read 767 times)

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
Recently acquired a copy of very rare UK teaser international onesheet for Christopher Nolan's The Prestige. It's the unreleased Christian Bale style using the printing technique of divisionism, or using dots to make an image that is optimally seen from a distance.

It's my understanding that this poster is a unicorn for some, and that's not considering that this particular copy is also a Printer's Proof. So this may very well be the rarest poster for this style, perhaps even the only one of it's kind. That being said, this may be your first and only chance to ever acquire a regular copy of this poster, let alone a printer's proof.

Condition is pretty good considering it's a Proof that was probably handled more than a regular onesheet. Overall it's in pretty good condition, but there are some defects: there are two scratches in the upper left corner, it has some edge wear and also has some small creasing throughout the poster. Because it's is what I would consider semi-glossy, it is actually very hard to photograph. It's my opinion that with even a basic linenbacking and very, very minor restoration, this poster would be what Bruce would likely grade as a Very Good to Fine.

Bruce has also never auctioned this style, either regular or the proof, so if no one purchases it through APF I will likely submit this for Bruce's December 2023 or possibly April 2024 Major Auctions.

I have reached out to a select handful of people and based on their recommendations, I am setting the initial asking price at $2,750.  Let me know if you have any questions or need any additional pictures.

Steve / dsonesheets

« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 10:39:32 PM by dsonesheets »

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
So this may very well be the rarest poster for this style, perhaps even the only one of it's kind.

There are folk out there with the set of 3, which are also printer proofs, so not one of a kind. Definitely not a common one though.

Lovely poster, good luck with the sale.

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
Thanks for the info, hadn't heard of the others before, thought they were "supposed" to exist but no one had ever seen them. Great, being the completist that I am I'm gonna have to now devote countless hours to finding the other two.

Do you have any idea of the valuation of this style?

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
I have two sets of the three posters, one of which was acquired from another member on APF. I recall the original overseas seller had 6 - 8 proof sets, which all apparently sold. So whilst not unicorn-rare they are hard to find.

Mark

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
I have two sets of the three posters, one of which was acquired from another member on APF. I recall the original overseas seller had 6 - 8 proof sets, which all apparently sold. So whilst not unicorn-rare they are hard to find.

Mark

Hi Mark, out of interest, have you ever seen these designs as 'regular' posters (non-proof)?

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
Only Schan's "Christian Bale" one - when he posted an image of his poster back in 2016.

Mark

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Only Schan's "Christian Bale" one - when he posted an image of his poster back in 2016.

Mark

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about Schan sharing that. Thanks.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery

Mark

I don't have and haven't seen the other 2.  Mark, if you ever want to sell one of your sets, let me know.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery