Author Topic: Hello from a new member to this forum.  (Read 808 times)

Offline spider89119

• Beginner
Hello from a new member to this forum.
« on: September 04, 2023, 11:10:50 PM »
Hello!  I have been collecting original horror and sci-fi movie posters on and off for about 25 years.  I was on the NSFGE forum a long time ago.  I collect posters from the 30's to the early 70's, all sizes up to 3-sheets.  Mostly B-movies, since I am a b-movie fanatic. ;D  My collection is probably small compared to a lot of others in the forum.  I like to display every poster I own, and wall space is becoming limited.  I am not into keeping posters folded up, rolled, or filed away.  I am not criticizing anyone who does. It's just not my thing.  I am glad for the opportunity to once again chat and share info with other movie poster people.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: Hello from a new member to this forum.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 03:32:30 AM »
Welcome spider89119!  welcome1

I always enjoy seeing sci-fi/horror b movie posters, I hope you share a few snaps of your collection when you have time please!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 03:15:48 PM »
 welcome1

Sounds like a cool collection.  It would be great to see some of your B movie stuff.  Your style of only buying what you display is interesting.  As this stuff continues to get more expensive, more folks may be doing likewise - paying a premium for "quality over quantity."    I wish I had more wall space for all the frames I had in my old place, but the ones I have space to display are some of my favorites.  Anyway, enjoy.  cheers

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 08:46:07 PM »
There are no small or big collections and we all collect different things, which makes this particular hobby so interesting, imo.  Sure, it's all paper, but beyond that, we ALL have different interests and those are always fun to witness.  Some collect modern posters, others the silent era, others slashers, all good stuff :)  Having said that, a few people have similar interests than you, Spider.  Hopefully they'll reach out.  Also, like you said, some people display their posters and some keep them in flat files (me, since I don't have a single poster up at the moment).  Like I said, we're all different.

cheers

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 03:33:26 AM »
Spider! Please forgive my tardiness in responding. Oops! My bad. I haven’t checked in on this page in far too long. I hope you enjoy yourself here. I also hope you share pictures of your collection (if you haven’t already). Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Glad to have you here. Cheers!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!