Author Topic: SAW III Tobin Bell's Blood Promotional Poster  (Read 808 times)

Offline Chendy577

• Beginner
SAW III Tobin Bell's Blood Promotional Poster
« on: July 26, 2023, 01:23:57 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I finally was able to find a SAW III poster that (hopefully) has Tobin Bell's (Jigsaw's) blood mixed with the red ink. Allegedly there were 1,147 made or 1,000, mixed information I researched. I wasn't able to get any kind of certification or authentication along with it as I don't believe they did that for these posters. Although I do know this poster is exactly 27inches x 40inches and the reverse side is completely mirrored same image and letter but backwards.

Does anyone know any more information on if it's worth verifying or getting authenticated? Or if I should even go through the hassle at all? I personally feel like no one would have made fakes of this with this level of effort but I wanted to be sure! I also would prefer not to pull it out of the frame to capture a picture of the back as it was a pain to get inside.

Thank you!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Re: SAW III Tobin Bell's Blood Promotional Poster
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 02:50:27 PM »
 welcome1

An interesting spin for a poster printing.  If it appears like an authentic, original poster, based on authentication factors discussed in other topics here, it's most likely legit.  Most modern posters like this do not have reproductions that are made to deceive folks who want originals.  If you go the authentication route, this example is an exception to most (if not all) posters as it claims to have blood in the ink, so maybe Professor Leonard Powers could perform a DNA test to confirm it's authentic.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 02:51:33 PM by Neo »

Offline Chendy577

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 04:00:40 PM »
Very interesting indeed, thank you very much for the information!

Maybe a DNA test would be a good idea, I wouldn't even mind sending it off myself if I knew how to remove some of the red ink (from the backside) without it destroying the front side or bleeding through if using a liquid solution.

Really, thank you!

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 07:00:25 PM »
I got a "Certificate of Authenticity" from John Feltheimer, CEO of Lionsgate Films, when I purchased this years ago. It says this was an exclusive limited run of 1147 posters using a combination of synthetic and protein based red ink containing the BLOOD of Tobin Bell. It also states it has not and will not be made available to the general public.

Mark

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 07:25:12 PM »
Sounds like a legit COA, Mark. Very cool.  cool1

C577, Professor Powers is an interesting fellow.  If you search around a little, you'll see some of his shenanigans.  Here's his website: https://www.angelfire.com/stars4/mymovieposters/aboutme.htm

Offline Chendy577

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2023, 08:38:03 PM »
Good to know there is an official COA out there, now I just need to see if I can get my hands on one. I might contact LionsGate and see what information they can give me on a COA, I'll also check out this Professor Leonard Powers!

Thanks for the help here  ;D!