Author Topic: PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES  (Read 5689 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES
« on: December 15, 2010, 03:20:56 PM »

Juli

Re: PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 08:44:55 PM »
Nice. Do you own that poster?

~ Juli

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 01:17:47 AM »
That is a nice poster, I'll be after one of those.
It's more than a Hobby...

Bruce

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 08:03:30 AM »
Art Director John Myhre is a major poster collector, and he called me last week to ask about a poster, and he mentioned that they had recently wrapped up this movie. He has worked with director Rob Marshall on his last bunch of movies (and John won two Oscars and was nominated for five), and he told me that he thought the movie turned out real well (and he is not the type to say that if he didn't believe it). John had worked with Johnny Depp 17 years ago on What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

I thought the last POTC was way too heavy on special effects (and short on plot), and I am really glad they switched to Rob Marshall (and got Ian McShane and Penelope Cruz), and I am looking forward to this!

Bruce

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 01:02:10 PM »

~ Juli

Not yet, but soon....  wynk

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 01:07:33 PM »
Art Director John Myhre is a major poster collector, and he called me last week to ask about a poster, and he mentioned that they had recently wrapped up this movie. He has worked with director Rob Marshall on his last bunch of movies (and John won two Oscars and was nominated for five), and he told me that he thought the movie turned out real well (and he is not the type to say that if he didn't believe it). John had worked with Johnny Depp 17 years ago on What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

I thought the last POTC was way too heavy on special effects (and short on plot), and I am really glad they switched to Rob Marshall (and got Ian McShane and Penelope Cruz), and I am looking forward to this!

Bruce

That's a good omen from art director Myhre, Bruce. I too am happy Marshall has taken on this franchise.  I enjoyed the escapism of the first three films and I agree that the third was a bit threadbare. Cruz and McShane are also great additions. This fourth film will be a blockbuster, I hope.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 03:08:49 PM »

~ Juli

I've seen it all over eBay if anyone wants one...

Juli

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »
I've seen it all over eBay if anyone wants one...

I'm always so scared of reprints/fakes plus I hate spending money on posters I can get for free. I am hoping my buddy has one waiting for me when I see him tomorrow.

~ Juli

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 10:30:06 PM »
I know what you mean...  However, I doubt you have to worry just yet.  They only showed up a day or two ago.