Author Topic: UK poster buddy for the long haul :)  (Read 1235 times)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
UK poster buddy for the long haul :)
« on: September 26, 2022, 02:11:36 PM »
Any members interested in accumulating for reship every 2-3 months or when a tube/box gets full? I cant stand paying $5 for a poster and $30+ for shipping 1 poster at a time and these repackaging companies they have going these days charge a small fortune.  UK is seeing a lot rereleases the past few years that are not getting posters here in the US.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
Re: UK poster buddy for the long haul :)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 10:28:28 AM »
Should be good, got a few volunteers will follow up with. Thanks all, great community as always.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 03:09:23 PM »
Paul did it for me a while back, but then I felt guilty and stopped asking.  You can always contact him.  Great guy!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline kubu

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 04:50:59 PM »
I can recommend skypax.com. I use them a lot. they store up to 2 Months, merge and ship quickly.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2022, 04:36:39 AM »
Yup, I can do this for you!

The only concerns might be; 1. the volume of incoming posters and 2. if a poster turns up damaged who takes care of the ensuing negotiation?

Otherwise, have done similar for others and to make sure the packaging is up to snuff for onwards journeys.

Next steps?

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 07:22:15 PM »
I got Matt on the hook for the first one :)  Not had a lot of browsing time of late though, but soon! Thanks again for all the offers.

The repack services can be a fortune. I used Mygermany to get the northman A0 character set and it cost me about 75.00 in shipping alone for 4 posters.  I dont mind 75 in shipping, but i would like that to be for about 40 posters, not 4.