Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1556500 times)

Dr Hackenbush

Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #975 on: December 02, 2010, 08:25:24 PM »
According to EB, he had input into the look of the poster

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #976 on: December 02, 2010, 08:28:54 PM »
Yeah, but you know how it is and how far people will go to make you believe their stuff is legit.  I'm pretty sure he has better things to do than participate in the Mondo frenzy.  Maybe he did, but I tend to believe otherwise.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #977 on: December 02, 2010, 08:53:26 PM »
I was looking for the post where I read that, but couldn't find it.  Basically they said that he gave his opinion on the placement of figures in the design and okaying or shooting down changes.  How true that is, I have no clue

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #978 on: December 02, 2010, 11:19:03 PM »
My wife is working with Del Toro right now (he just joined DreamWorks Animation as a director/adviser).  I kinda want her to ask him if he knows about the Alamo prints.  But then again, I don't want her to sound like a total nerd...  Hmm, what to do...

What you should do is STOP WHORING YOUR WIFE FOR YOUR POSTER SHIT!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #979 on: December 02, 2010, 11:28:47 PM »
LOL!

You have no idea.  Every once in a while, I make her go to Katzenberg's office to pick up a few tubes of posters from Paramount/DreamWorks.  Katzenberg's assistant keeps everything for me.  That's why I own everything Paramount, even if I don't want it (Case 39, anyone?)  I do the same thing at Disney.  Saves me some bucks, though, especially when the movie sounds good, like True Grit.  Gotta find some purpose in marriage...

:)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #980 on: December 06, 2010, 10:55:29 AM »
Gremlins Reprint

Iron Man Reprint

"MoviePosterShop IS MovieGoods. Also they are going under the name PopCultureGraphics too and have a website in the works which will look exactly (more than likely) like the MovieGoods site too, just as MoviePosterShop’s site does. MovieGoods has their home office based out of Henderson Nevada….which just happens to be where MoviePosterShop.com is based out of, and PopCultureGraphics."

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #981 on: December 06, 2010, 11:00:45 AM »
Gremlins Reprint

Iron Man Reprint

"MoviePosterShop IS MovieGoods. Also they are going under the name PopCultureGraphics too and have a website in the works which will look exactly (more than likely) like the MovieGoods site too, just as MoviePosterShop’s site does. MovieGoods has their home office based out of Henderson Nevada….which just happens to be where MoviePosterShop.com is based out of, and PopCultureGraphics."

I hate those guys....  mesmrized

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #982 on: December 06, 2010, 11:14:39 AM »
I wonder if the artist or Mondo or both can take legal issue with this...or if they care to do so.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #983 on: December 06, 2010, 11:30:25 AM »
I wonder if the artist or Mondo or both can take legal issue with this...or if they care to do so.

I don't see any reason they couldn't sue MovieGoods like Disney did for violation of their copyrights.

Somebody should contact these artists and Mondo and let them know.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #984 on: December 06, 2010, 12:00:40 PM »
I see plenty of reasons, the least of them being money.  Disney has an army of lawyers on site, people whose job it is to protect the Mouse House interests at all times.  A snap of their fingers and people oblige.  Mondo, I'm not so sure it's even worth it to them.  They're done with the product, they moved on to the next print.  Plus, isn't it like free publicity for everyone involved? 
My Personal Collection

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #985 on: December 06, 2010, 12:43:09 PM »
Probably a threat letter from a lawyer would shut it down without any additional expense.  They could contact a volunteer "lawyers for the arts" organization that would probably do it.  See, aren't lawyers wonderful?  ;D

Or maybe "My Cousin Holiday" is available to help?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 01:00:47 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #986 on: December 06, 2010, 03:54:44 PM »
I dated 2 lawyers.  They are NOT wonderful :)  And Holiday... well, he's just the cherry on the cake... Or maybe he's hiding in the cake... and in the nude.
My Personal Collection

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #987 on: December 06, 2010, 06:27:37 PM »
Behind every great man is a great lawyer:

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 06:43:31 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #988 on: December 06, 2010, 06:45:16 PM »
But behind every great lawyer is NOT a great man.
My Personal Collection

Karza

« Reply #989 on: December 06, 2010, 09:39:34 PM »

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #990 on: December 07, 2010, 12:18:23 AM »
Yeah it suck, but at lest they are all 11x17, when they get them to the actual poster size that will suck.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #991 on: December 07, 2010, 10:04:49 AM »
Anyone know the yahoo's behind the scenes at movie poster shop? Rich maybe, it seems the base of operations is in your neck of the woods.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #992 on: December 07, 2010, 11:10:38 AM »
Almost near the end of the SW run, and to be honest, I am a bit disappointed.  I am happy that others are happy with the offerings each weeks, but as each print comes out, the more I regret not picking up McCarthy's Hoth.  That is a perfect mix of bonafide art and Star Wars, IMO.

Ansin was very good, and while I have issues with Taylor's Bounty Hunter set, I bought it and like it pretty well for several reasons...I would defend it, need be.

Otherwise...its been...bland.

I just wish Daniel Danger did like 10 SW prints and Mondo called it a day.  I think his art really captures a moment in time, you can almost hear music in your head with each of his pieces...each person can detail what led up to that moment and what happens next in each of his prints...I love that.
Imagine him doing something with Jedi spirits...all the different landscapes...the possibilities are endless.

I was mistaken,

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #993 on: December 07, 2010, 11:30:59 AM »
I just received the R2D2 yesterday and I have to say the GID is quite fantastic.  I wasn't crazy about it to begin with, got it to see, and wasn't disappointed.

So this is what I got so far:

I like each one of those for different reasons, and I don't want what I didn't buy, although I'd agree with Ben on the McCarthy.  Since I'm totally against buying from flippers, I'll probably never get it.

Ben, are we really at the end of the run?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #994 on: December 07, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »
Yes, we are, essentially.  Based on recent comments on EB by Justin, we should have around 4 prints left, give or take to be sure.

I hope those include Danger, Moss, Stout at the very least.  Wouldn't mind seeing what Ryan can do...but again, I wish Danger just did the whole damn thing.

My top 3:
Hoth
Wretched Hive
Bounty Hunters

I was mistaken,

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #995 on: December 08, 2010, 12:05:52 PM »
I hope those include Danger, Moss, Stout at the very least.  Wouldn't mind seeing what Ryan can do...but again, I wish Danger just did the whole damn thing

Are you psychic or something?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #996 on: December 08, 2010, 04:18:49 PM »
Really nice.  See, MITCH, REALLY NICE!  ;)

I personally could totally pass on Moss, but I know a lot of you guys like him.  The only one I've seen that I remotely like is his Evil Dead.  The rest is really not my taste.  Danger, great of course, and Stout, no comments.  My feeling is that Tyler will do the last one.  I've tried to get it out of him, but he remains mum.  Pisses me off :)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #997 on: December 08, 2010, 04:22:16 PM »
T,I didnt realise you knew Tyler personally :-)
Any chance you can convince him to do a Silent Running sometime?

Stew

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #998 on: December 08, 2010, 06:03:31 PM »
If you knew how many times I've asked him to do Back to the Future...
My Personal Collection

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #999 on: December 08, 2010, 10:14:23 PM »
Finally.  Danger brings it yet again...

Problem is, I am going to be in a funeral on Friday morning, not sure if I will be back in time for the drop.
If someone can snag one for me, I would be forever grateful, seriously.

I was mistaken,