Author Topic: eBay Auction item Questions & Answers  (Read 3720 times)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
eBay Auction item Questions & Answers
« on: November 26, 2010, 05:17:36 AM »
Wondering what people think about using the 'Ask a question' in an auction item?ftp://

I am really hesitant about using it after I once asked a question I thought would be just be between the seller and I and it went public providing valuable info to other bidders to then bid more against me.

Back then clicking up top 'Ask seller a question' I think could end up down there, but maybe this is new having the question button there now. Well, its nice to ask a seller about the item, but not reveal your cards to the world.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: eBay Auction item Questions & Answers
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 06:00:40 AM »
I am really hesitant about using it after I once asked a question I thought would be just be between the seller and I and it went public providing valuable info to other bidders to then bid more against me.

Back then clicking up top 'Ask seller a question' I think could end up down there, but maybe this is new having the question button there now. Well, its nice to ask a seller about the item, but not reveal your cards to the world.

then don't ask.. what other solution is there?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

guest8

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 06:25:41 AM »
whether the question is reveled to everyone or no one is up to the seller .. There is an option to post that question for all to see .. Probably in hopes of not getting a lot of people asking the same questions.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 06:50:01 AM »
then don't ask.. what other solution is there?

I dont know, maybe contacting the seller via his ebay shop instead of within the auction item, could be some other ways I guess...

Well, I'm more interested to know if people consciously avoid asking questions, and hoping the poster is a certain way, at the risk of it appearing down there. Cause I do.

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 07:18:51 AM »
I always use the "Ask a seller" option to clarify any questions I may have.  IIRC, only once did one of my questions show up on the auction page

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 12:51:10 PM »
Me too, I always ask questions, but never give too much away. Sometimes it can work in your favour. I start by saying " I have been collecting for over 35 years, and this looks like a re-release", and then ask the question. They mostly don't post your question as it may put others off. ;) 
It's more than a Hobby...