Author Topic: Tyler Stout IRON MAN II * METAL VARIANT*  (Read 8738 times)

Karza

Tyler Stout IRON MAN II * METAL VARIANT*
« on: November 18, 2010, 07:58:18 PM »
If your interested in Tyler's Iron Man II Metal variant hit me with a PM and a serious offer.

thanks
Karza

guest8

Re: Tyler Stout IRON MAN II * METAL VARIANT*
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 09:33:43 PM »
This reminds me of Carsons for sale threads .... :(

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 09:41:57 PM »
Carson - Corey - Karza?
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Karza

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 09:48:57 PM »
Sorry no connection, I guess I'm just a man of few words.

sorry I didn't mean to give you a sad face.
Here you can have one of my happy ones ;D I have a few extra

guest8

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 10:27:05 PM »
ITs alright I think I use enough smiles all around to spare a few sad ones .. I personally hate "make offer" threads ..that also includes "silent auctions" .. Which is what Carson used to do .. :P  My opinion on the whole thing is .. A seller knows what they want out of an item .. if its for sale list the price you want .. if you want someone to possibly pay more than you hope to get then put it on ebay or give it to bruce ;)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 11:25:40 PM »
One thing I find is not putting a price also scares off potential buyers, it might make them uncomfortable to have to ask, then face saying NO.
Best to put a price,
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Karza

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 08:20:13 AM »
I see your points but I haven't been at this long enough to have a good feel for the market price for an item. ( as seen in my dead alive thread) That being said I'll go ahead and throw out a price of $600 it may be over valued it may be under. I'm not really sure. I didn't want to put it on the bay before I gave this forum first dibs. I think the members here are very knowledgeable and passionate about the hobby and I definitely believe that these should go to people who can appreciate them the most.

Fallen seems to be my number one critic, maybe I can PM you before I list items on the board so I can get an opinion from a seasoned veteran.  ;)

guest8

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 09:06:44 AM »
I see your points but I haven't been at this long enough to have a good feel for the market price for an item. ( as seen in my dead alive thread) That being said I'll go ahead and throw out a price of $600 it may be over valued it may be under. I'm not really sure. I didn't want to put it on the bay before I gave this forum first dibs. I think the members here are very knowledgeable and passionate about the hobby and I definitely believe that these should go to people who can appreciate them the most.

Fallen seems to be my number one critic, maybe I can PM you before I list items on the board so I can get an opinion from a seasoned veteran.  ;)

LOL .. dont think of me as a critic .. I really am just trying to be helpful for your sake and the sake of the community .. just imagine if I had not posted at all in this thread or your Dead Alive thread ... Do you think anyone else would have posted? My comments raise points that are based upon opinions .. and in turn others chime in with their opinions and then a thread will have multiple posts and gets more attention than one where most people are put off by unrealistic trade requests or no price FS threads .. Its not a stab at you at all !! Besides I wouldnt mind a metal IM2 ! :) Ill do a lil digging and see if i can find some realized sales of the metal stouts and post them up for ya.

guest8

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 09:38:18 AM »
Here is an auction for all three TS IM2 posters .. and the Saputo version as well ..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALAMO-DRAFTHOUSE-IRONMAN-2-LOT-ALL-VERSIONS-TYLER-STOUT-/150520167988?pt=Art_Prints&hash=item230bb37e34

A couple things this seller did wrong ...

1- Listed ALL those posters in one auction ..
2- put a reserve price on the items
3- showed that hes expecting $750 with his BIN price (meaning the reserve is prolly near that)
4- has a crazy high shipping fee of $150

The Reg and variant sell for about $100/150 each .. and the Saputo is still FS from Mondo for $40 .. so youre looking at a realized price for those 3 of about $200 .. which means he hopes to get $550 +$150 shipping for the metal variant .. The auction ends soon so we will see how much it will jump up at the end ;)

See I have opinion on everything .. Its all meant to be constructive though :)

guest8

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 09:55:44 AM »
I want Mel to post up here too !! He used to think I gave him hard time and followed him around from thread to thread just bashing him when this forum 1st began now after we've talked were buds, at least I think we are :P

I use all my emoticons for a reason, I try to use them to show that nothing I say should be taken to heart .. If Im being critical its just a harmless opinion and I hope to not offend. Were all just making conversation here anyways :D

Karza

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 04:12:47 PM »
Thanks for the info on the IM2s, I'll admit I'm kind of new to the whole movie poster world and appreciate the pointers. I may have a local buyer for the Stout, a friend is interested.

I'm not sure I will ever get to the level some of the members here operate at. I'm amazed at the size of some of the collections posted here. I don't think I have the room or my wife has the patience (had an uncomfortable discussion with my wife on why I feel the need to suddenly spend 700 on posters last month  moron1)
I'm kind of partial to the Alamo sub genre mostly because I go to many of these shows and have always been a fan of their business model.

thanks again for the info Fallen you rock!

guest8

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 05:47:33 PM »
If your local bud falls though let me know I really am interested in a metal IM2 .. I have the regular on my wall but the metal would be impressive .. Id also love a Robocop but thats really restrictive due to its low #'s and pricing .. Maybe we can work  a trade and some cash or something ;)