Author Topic: Forum Navigations links at the top of threads  (Read 5145 times)

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
Forum Navigations links at the top of threads
« on: December 20, 2009, 04:02:37 PM »
I had a look at the setup and don't seem to be able to find where this is possible through settings, but is it possible to have the naviagtion which appears at the top, also appear at the bottom of threads?  I find it kinda annoying to keep scrolling up to go back to a specific spot on the forum.

It could very well be possible through settings, I just can't see it :(
Ves

guest8

Re: Forum Navigations links at the top of threads
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 04:07:37 PM »
Which options in particular are you wanting .. For options at the bottom o f the page .. I enabled quick reply on mine ..  Also just under the last post there are links for ..  Reply  |  Notify  |  Mark unread  |  Send this topic  |  Print      .. and just below that I have the JUMP TO: drop down box that allows you to go to any section within the forum ..

EDIT: Also between those two .. I have a <<previous next>> that jumps to the threads prior to and after the currently viewed thread

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 04:58:39 PM »
I was refering to the following that appears at the top of the page within a particular thread:

All Poster Forum > Off-Topic Discussion > Suggestions > Forum Navigations links at the top of threads

Then if I want to remain in the Suggestions sections, I click on that...

Hope that makes more sense?
Ves

guest8

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 05:08:55 PM »
Perfect sense ! :D

Although the tree/link diagram thingy...  All Poster Forum > Off-Topic Discussion > Suggestions > isnt at the bottom .. You can get the same effects with the 'Jump To:' drop down box .. Like when viewing this thread it shows .. Jump to: (then inside the drop down box) "=>Suggestions" and a GO button after that .. and the area of the forum in this case "suggestions" can be changed to any other section /area of the forum you want to navigate to .. Not the same but offers the same effect of clicking parts of the link tree "All Poster Forum > Off-Topic Discussion > Suggestions >"

Or maybe Holiday has a way of having the link tree at the bottom of the page to! Come on Holiday ! :P

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 05:10:25 PM »
Is it bad that I didn't even notice that drop down?
Ves

guest8

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 05:16:09 PM »
LOL .. Id say no .. New forums deff take some getting used to .. and I have way too much time on my hands :D

guest8

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 05:17:25 PM »
What I would really like (speaking to Holiday) .. Is a link for "Show unread posts since last visit" at the bottom so I dont have to scroll up to the top for that !!! :(