Author Topic: "Jeffgate": A Story of Woah  (Read 37804 times)

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
Re: "Jeffgate": A Story of Woah
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2020, 03:44:00 PM »
Well , now its you being an asshole......instead of letting me settle this now you act like a jerk

I was on long term vacation in the US at the time

Ive enough to deal with bad health and allergy , yrs of abuse by people
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 03:47:12 PM by Tang Lung in Rome »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2020, 06:53:21 PM »
I rest my case.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2020, 09:07:52 AM »
The two of you, Paul and Tang.... 

You remind me of what I call "The Story of Naydi."  Naydi is a friend of mine, married.  She wanted her husband to do something for her, and at first he didn't. She got pissed off, called him out on it, and eventually he said he would do it. Now, though it wasn't good enough for Naydi, because he didn't say he'd do it in a particular way, his tone wasn't kind enough, or whatever it was that bent her.  So, said "just forget it."

The point is, Naydi was more committed to being right and upset than she was with having her husband do what she wanted.  He ultimately gave her what she wanted, but it wasn't good enough.

Tang said he would take care of it.  But that's not good enough for Paul.  Should we come up with a plan to punish Tang?  Should we beat him?  Or do you choose to reach for forgiveness and let it go (and let him make amends)? 

It's a choice. There's no right or wrong in it.  But life is TOO FUCKING SHORT for this kind of bullshit, folks.  For fucks sake, wake up.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2020, 01:29:01 PM »
Life's too short and you've typed all that...??  Must be a slow day.

And after all that you've hit the Nail squarely on the Thumb.

I've told Tang and said so here, I don't want anything. I brought it up as he was having a go at Jeff, and he was just as guilty as Jeff is, otherwise I'd have said nothing. People in Glasshouses.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2020, 02:17:47 PM »

My takeaway: if your wife asks you to pee on her while lovemaking, just suck it up and do it FFS.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2020, 10:36:16 PM »
At last, someone gets it  devil 2
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2020, 10:39:37 PM »
In no universe was he as guilty as Jeff.  Are you kidding me?  He didn’t pay you a few bucks for postage.  Jeff has not shipped a bunch of posters that he promised to.  They are not even in the ballpark.  And Tang said he would square up, while Jeff is nowhere to be seen.  Whatever bro.  Say what you gotta say cause clearly you’re a last word kinda guy....

Now, wait for it....

Life's too short and you've typed all that...??  Must be a slow day.

I've told Tang and said so here, I don't want anything. I brought it up as he was having a go at Jeff, and he was just as guilty as Jeff is, otherwise I'd have said nothing. People in Glasshouses.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

• Hoarder
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2020, 08:38:23 PM »
I told Jeff just now i dont want to wait another 6 months or whatever for our items back

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2020, 03:50:58 AM »
I understand your frustration but, given the state of the World, I think you'll have to remain patient. Hopefully Jeff will come through when he can.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2020, 05:32:14 AM »
I told Jeff just now i dont want to wait another 6 months or whatever for our items back

'Told him', over a phone, or in an email exchange that elicited some response which assures you of proof of life and thus comprehension?

Because otherwise, it seems you're just firing off messages into the ether?

• Hoarder
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2020, 08:43:33 PM »
Ive talked to him thru email and cops have talked to him , im confident he will send out the items asap now (which is prolly within 1-3 months as hes in OH now)

So hopefully we'll have the items by January next yr
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 08:44:57 PM by Tang Lung in Rome »

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2020, 09:06:04 PM »
This is upsetting to read. I hope all involved will receive their items and be able to move on from this once and for all. It's wild that even well established members in the community are still prone to move in shady ways.

• Hoarder
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2020, 10:07:31 PM »
I doubt hed lie to police , im giving Jeff benefit of the doubt now , he has followed thru previously

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2020, 11:41:19 PM »
and cops have talked to him...

During a pandemic, cops have talked to him about a bunch of posters he didn't send???  Are you in the US, because I seriously doubt that 1) anyone has talked to him, let alone the cops, and 2) that he even cares...  He screwed a bunch of people and moved on.  As I would have in his shoes.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2020, 04:17:28 AM »
..As I would have in his shoes.

T

I hope the 'in his shoes' bit was in reference to just moving on, and not the screwing us all over while maniacally laughing into your sherry...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2020, 08:52:24 AM »
I hope the 'in his shoes' bit was in reference to just moving on, and not the screwing us all over while maniacally laughing into your sherry...

It should have read "If I was a crook and had screwed my friends all over while maniacally laughing into my sherry, I would have disappeared into the night."

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2020, 03:08:45 PM »
It should have read "If I was a crook and had screwed my friends all over while maniacally laughing into my sherry, I would have disappeared into the night."

T

Much better
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

• Hoarder
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2020, 08:55:01 PM »
I DID talk with police thru email and they went to his mother and talked to him......it is now up to him but i doubt hes gonna lie to cops and within few weeks we will get our stuff

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2020, 09:51:38 AM »

This made me laugh in a thread full of bad stuff
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

• Hoarder
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2020, 11:33:46 PM »
Full force prosecution is coming by Oct 1st , my patience is up and hes had more than enough time now , hes doing no one any favors by stalling

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2020, 05:58:06 AM »
I understand your frustrations Tang. What does 'full force prosecution' mean? Are you taking legal action? My opinion is that Jeff will come through in his own time, when that will be though is a different question.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2020, 10:43:05 AM »
I don't think we'll ever hear from Jeff again (I won't shed a tear) and nothing will ever happen to him for a few missing posters.  It's time to move on.  The posters are gone and so is Jeff.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2020, 11:13:48 AM »
I have actually heard from Jeff and I'm still hopeful that one day this will all be resolved.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2020, 01:35:59 PM »
So what you heard is that he's been taking care of his ailing mother for the past year and it's so overwhelming he can't find time to answer emails or texts, let alone send a couple posters?  Is that the gist?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2020, 03:16:12 PM »
Did you get the same email?  ;)

I well aware I'm being optimistic but there isn't much more I can do unless I fly over to LA and knock on his door, which I have considered.