Author Topic: Looking for a poster collector for a short documentary  (Read 2823 times)

Offline riley540

• Beginner
Looking for a poster collector for a short documentary
« on: November 09, 2019, 02:31:22 PM »
Hello all!

My name is Riley Doyle. I am a fellow collector and a cinematography student at The Colorado Film School in Denver CO.

Next semester I am tasked with creating my own documentary and want to make my film about the movie poster collecting industry. I am interviewing a restorer and showing that process. I am also interviewing and showcasing the dealer side of the industry. I want to close out the film talking with someone who is a collector. Someone who owns posters beyond the money side of it. Someone who truly loves the artwork of old cinema.

If this sounds like you, please email me at rdoyle5400@hotmail.com.

I am limiting my search to people who live in the US, and if you are west of Denver or close to Denver, it will make my travel plans much simpler. This is a self funded student film and I am operating with my own cash.

I really appreciate it and hope to hear from one of you!

Riley

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Looking for a poster collector for a short documentary
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 07:59:40 PM »
Welcome to APF!!!  Sounds like a fun project.  Lots of big collectors around these parts.  Hopefully you'll find someone who fits the bill.

Good luck,

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
Re: Looking for a poster collector for a short documentary
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 05:46:22 AM »
PM'd. Awesome! I graduated from the C.U. Boulder Film School back in 1998. Drop me a line if you're still looking for someone.

Steve