Common Poster Subjects > Framing & Storage

Need Help!! Lobby Card And Folded One Sheet Size Bin For Store

(1/2) > >>

Ratzkywatzky:
I hope to have a space at an antique center starting some time in January. Much of what I will have there will be individual lobby cards that are bagged and have a cardboard backer for individual sale, as well as one sheet posters the same way (though the posters I will have a photo in there as well showing what the poster looks like).

My question is what can I use so that people can "thumb through" the stuff...much like many of us used to do with record albums in a record store (that shouldn't make me feel old but it does). I am looking for ideas for what might work that would allow people to browse through the lobby cards/folded one sheets while standing there. I will likely have over 1,000 of them at any one time, so will need quite a bit of whatever the answer is.

Do milk crates work? Are they large enough to fit lobby cards? I seem to remember they fit record albums but not sure about lobby cards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

MoviePosterBid.com:
you'll need to build your own mostly.

for lobby cards, you can get plexi glass dealers to make a clear bin for flipping through lobbies

jayn_j:
I've had good luck with some larger file bins from COSTCO.  They have the flip open attached lid.  Work great for lobbies.  But I store folded 1 sheets flat in them.  Not the best here.

erik1925:

--- Quote from: Ratzkywatzky on December 10, 2018, 12:57:42 PM ---I hope to have a space at an antique center starting some time in January. Much of what I will have there will be individual lobby cards that are bagged and have a cardboard backer for individual sale, as well as one sheet posters the same way (though the posters I will have a photo in there as well showing what the poster looks like).

My question is what can I use so that people can "thumb through" the stuff...much like many of us used to do with record albums in a record store (that shouldn't make me feel old but it does). I am looking for ideas for what might work that would allow people to browse through the lobby cards/folded one sheets while standing there. I will likely have over 1,000 of them at any one time, so will need quite a bit of whatever the answer is.

Do milk crates work? Are they large enough to fit lobby cards? I seem to remember they fit record albums but not sure about lobby cards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

--- End quote ---

Milk crates measure (inside dimensions):  18.25 x 12 x 10.75  :

https://www.milkcratesdirect.com/black-square-milk-crates?gclid=CjwKCAiAu_LgBRBdEiwAkovNsC0q6-LftMFvdCNKKIopI3XGTOq46XO2Qb-y5-szdTljsZp8WoPF-BoCeQoQAvD_BwE

NOTLDCollector68:
I know this is a old post but figured it might help someone in the future.

For lobby cards, I use the Itoya art portfolio albums. They are great. Archival safe. Paper in the pages is acid free.
14 x 17 in size. 24 sleeves so if you use front and back , holds 48 lobby cards.

I don't do the following but I've known people who also use them to store folded one sheets inside as they fit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version