Author Topic: James Bond - You Only Live Twice Style B - Special Advance Teaser  (Read 5670 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Heritage is selling a very unusual "special advance teaser" with most of the art missing.  

Not much info provided: "This special advance "teaser" poster was issued with the bottom portion blacked out. In subsequent weeks, another style with the full art was released."

Here's the "special advance teaser" compared to the normal advance.

I thought I had seen all the Bond posters by now but I've never heard of this and can find no information about it on other sites.  The poster is not "blacked out" by a magic marker or anything like that.  It was printed with a large black area. Anybody know the details on this?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 10:34:25 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: James Bond - You Only Live Twice Style B - Special Advance Teaser
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 11:04:32 PM »
interesting idea, terrible execution.  i cant see anyone other than bond completists wanting this poster.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 12:48:47 PM »
interesting idea, terrible execution.  i cant see anyone other than bond completists wanting this poster.

Agreed - I wouldn't shell out much for it.  Now if this were a poster (and you guys really should click & expand this pic....)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 06:28:49 PM »
A Bond poster expert - hopefully a future member here - advises that this blacking out was also done for You Only Live Twice subway posters (45" x 59").

Adz931

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 09:10:02 AM »
Yeah, it is pretty bland, and yeah, only completists would go for it in my opinion.

Ad

Bruce

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 09:14:57 AM »
I hear N.P. Gresham is REALLY interested in it!

:D

Bruce

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 11:23:29 AM »
Well it sold for $143, so somebody took an interest in it.  I guess it is rare.  Of course, who bothered to preserve such an ugly poster?