Author Topic: Re-Release British Quads  (Read 4324 times)

Offline m154cath

• Hobbyist
Re-Release British Quads
« on: October 21, 2018, 07:48:17 AM »
Thought it about time we had some quads on show!
Hopefully, other UK collectors will join the fun & add their collections
To start with heres my collection of limited & re-releases. Enjoy thumbsup.gif

https://flic.kr/s/aHskBrJPgF

https://flic.kr/s/aHsktYwqCr

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
Re: Re-Release British Quads
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 08:31:37 AM »
Great set of quads - some absolute gems in there.

I’ve never seen that “In Pursuit of Silence” before - nice minimalist style. And Catch Me Daddy, I think, is one of best quads in the last decade.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 12:37:47 PM »
Hi M154cath! 
Thanks for sharing your quads.  It's an area of collecting posters on which I certainly need more education.  My favorites in your collection include: Ed Wood; Catch Me Daddy (good call Mardukas!); Endless Poetry (Peter Max or inspired?); Future Shock; Nice big image of Hedy Lamarr!; 20,000 Leagues; 633 Squadron; Mirror (makes me want to see the film, and the whole sculpting time group); nice, big image of Deneuve; Blade Runner BFI; China Town BFI (wow, nice image!); Halloween 40th (this really surprised me; is that Jeffrey Jones art?);  Swiss Family Robinson; African Queen (this art is much better than the original U.S. poster to me); Very nice Betty Bacall closeup!; Four Feathers has a great, classic design; The Graduate just made me laugh! (incredible art); The Old Dark House (come back to us 1930s Universal horror!!!); fantastic Shawshank art; and, Rita Moreno looks incredible!  Awesome!  Okie

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 12:45:16 PM »
Wow..nice selection there, Mike!

When you refer to some of the quads and call them "limited release," are these also re-releases for those that either played in a few theaters or for a very limited time?

Some of your quads (like the one for IT FOLLOWS), are first release, right? So you have a mix of RR and first rel. quads, it looks like?

All very cool, and in beautiful condition, too.  thumbup

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 02:02:55 PM »
God God, you've done well there fella.

I didn't realise there were so many motor racing films...  Where have I been?   I've only seen Senna and Rush.

You've also done well to pick up so many variations of the re-releases.  Very interesting indeed.

Cracking line up.

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 02:28:03 PM »
First rate modern collection.

Mark

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 04:48:49 PM »
Great stuff, Mike! There’s loads of those I want! Good stuff indeed  bed1

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 07:56:01 PM »
Wow! Well done! Those reissue quads are great. The art on Swiss Family Robinson is fantastic. Why can't we get posters like this over here in the US?

Offline m154cath

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 05:22:02 AM »
thanks everyone - its been an emotional ride finding most of these posters. Im bored of the blockbuster posters they churn out these days & the art on the Limited/rereleases is just so much better. Most mainstream film titles are two a penny but any limited/re-release here in the UK are supplied to the cinemas with a Scrooge-like mentality. At best they receive 2 posters if any at all! Theres still plenty to find . I think i have 30+ on my wants list.
Simon- need to watch Mclaren  - really good watch!
Okie - Endless Poetry is designed by Andrew Bannister- he also did the Sculpting Times set. Catch Me Daddy - Fraser Muggeridge & Halloween im sure is Jay Shaw but could be wrong.
Jeff - i started listing just limited cinema releases posters eg 2000ad, Seoul Station,The Howl but then added titles where they didnt release many posters or for premieres & such like eg SW, Superman MofS. It Follows falls into the latter & as far as i know they only released this poster.
If, god forbid i had a house fire then i would probably try & save these 1st. I would obviously need counselling for the emotional trauma this would cause crying
Catch Me Daddy by michael reeve, on Flickr
Future Shock! The Story of 2000AD by michael reeve, on Flickr
Gangster Number One by michael reeve, on Flickr
Howl by michael reeve, on Flickr
Black Swan - V2 by michael reeve, on Flickr
Paterson by michael reeve, on Flickr
Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day by michael reeve, on Flickr
Tokyo Tribe by michael reeve, on Flickr
2001: A Space Odyssey - 2018 Re-Release by michael reeve, on Flickr
Blue Velvet - 2016 Re-Release by michael reeve, on Flickr
Chariots of Fire - 2012 Re-Release by michael reeve, on Flickr
Goodfellas - 2016 Re-Release - V1 by michael reeve, on Flickr
Metropolis - 2013 Re-Release by michael reeve, on Flickr
The Deer Hunter - 2015 Re-Release - V1 by michael reeve, on Flickr
Withnail & I - 2014 Re-Release by michael reeve, on Flickr

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 05:27:00 AM »
thanks everyone - its been an emotional ride finding most of these posters. Im bored of the blockbuster posters they churn out these days & the art on the Limited/rereleases is just so much better. Most mainstream film titles are two a penny but any limited/re-release here in the UK are supplied to the cinemas with a Scrooge-like mentality. At best they receive 2 posters if any at all! Theres still plenty to find . I think i have 30+ on my wants list.
Simon- need to watch Mclaren  - really good watch!

It is, to be sure, an interesting angle from which to observe and collect, the re-releases.  As others have said, the art IS so much better than the blockbuster drivel they deem sufficient to requirements.

Will search out McLaren, and indeed the rest!

Thanks.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 11:52:51 AM »
Another outstanding, visual explosion there, Mike. Just amazing, on so much of the art. And your first of this group, CATCH ME, DADDY, is incredible. I love the Asian art scroll style and imagery, and the tiger is killer! Beautious! 

-Jeff

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2019, 09:25:31 AM »
Nice of Mike to do the rerelease quads thread (remember I was toying with the idea of doing a new Quads and old quads so rerelease is good as I collect mainly rerelease these days too). Still maybe we could still do a pre 1970s thread rather than having new and classics in the same Uk Quads thread.

However, down to this thread and a great collection of rereleases. I have a lot of these myself but there is still quite a lot I need if you have any spares of my favourite ISO's from here at affordable costs Mike.  ie. Lady Vanishes, To Catch a Thief, Cry of the City, True Romance, 20,000 leagues (didn't even know that rerelease existed - super!), Das Cabinet.. Night of the Hunter and Akira (bought this a couple of years ago but the damn cheap courier company man jumped on the tube to flatten it and posted it though the letter box and basically trashed it!!),

Top of my ISO's list from here Mike or if anyone has spares GOODFELLAS (the one with the car),  Withnail & I, Hell Raiser, Chinatown, Magic Trip and Brief Encounter !),  notworthy.gif

So not sure what I can contribute to this thread as Mike has most of mine but will have a look see what I can contribute:

Here's a few that I think are not in the thread so far (forgive me if I got some dupe posts).

New 2019 rerelease (well special double bill screening of some older superman films) - not sure if it qualifies ?

The Last Movie (Park Circus) have posted this in another thread but it's missing from here so..

I am sure by now you all know this one!!!!

And this one -

The 2013 rerelease.

Finally Sunday

BFI rerelease UK Quad for Fellini's Amarcord

BFI rerelease UK Quad for Gun Crazy

UK Quad Rerelease for King Of Hearts (2018)

UK Quad rerelease poster for Le Crime De Monsieur Lange (2018)

The Sorcerer, UK Quad 2017 rerelease.

Silence of the Lambs UK Quad BFI rerelease 2017

Blood Simple UK Quad rerelease 2017

UK Quad for re-release of Young Frankenstein

The other rerelease of Breakfast at Tiffs

Uk Quad 50th anniversary re-release of "Breathless" (A Bout do Souffle")

UK Quad for release os L'Atalante" (2005)

BFI UK Quad for re-release of "Barry Lyndon"

UK Quad re-release for the classic "The Italian Job".

Uk Quad for The Conformist rerelease.

Uk Quad for re-release of "La Grande Bouffe".

BFI UK Quad for re-release of "Doctor Zhivago".

BFI UK Quad for re-release of "Touch of Evil".

UK Quad for re-release of the classic "The Third Man".

Uk Quad for rerelease of "Nosferatu".

BFI UK Quad for a Polanski season

Uk Quad rerelease for "Le Jour Se Leve"

UK BFI Quad Deep End (reissue)

Uk Quad for 50th anniversary party screenings nationwide of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

UK Quad for re-release of Orson Welles' "Citizen Kane"

UK Quad re-release for Wim Wenders' classic "Alice In The Cities"

UK Quad BFI rerelease for Fear Eats The Soul (Fassbinder)

A Matter of Life and Death, BFI Uk Quad

Park Circus/BFI Rerelease UK Quad for Michelangelo Antonioni's 70's classic The Passenger

BFI re-release quad for Fritz Lang's classic gothic horror "M

UK Quad 40th anniversary Park Circus for GREASE 2018

UK Quad Park Circus Rerelease for Saturday Night Fever (2013)

K Quad by Park Circus for the UK Release of The Shining (2017) Halloween 2017 for 12 night only.

Park Circus poster for recent (2016) reissue of The Man Who Fell to Earth (Bowie).

The Muppet Christmas Carol, uk Quad rerelease for 25th anniversary by Park Circus

2nd UK Quad rerelease from Park Circus for 4k restoration print of Taxi Driver (2017)

UK Park Circus Quad for the classic movie Guys and Dolls,

Park Circus rerelease poster for Five Easy Pieces

Park Circus Uk Quad for rerelease of The Misfits

Park Circus UK Quad that was produced for the rerelease of From Russia With Love

UK Quad Rerelease Park Circus for "All About Eve" (2007)

Park Circus UK Quad for the rerelease of Manchurian Candidate a few years back.

UK Quad 2006 30th anniversary Park Circus re-release for Bugsy Malone

Mammoth posting session , can't do any more for now. I know Mike has a few of these he just hasn't got them all in his post.  There was a few more than I thought and I have more but they are all in tubes from ages ago so would take too much disruption to get them out - so that's all for now. Enjoy

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 09:29:34 AM by poster art »

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2019, 12:41:28 PM »
Bam!  Poster Art delivers an extravaganza of quad rereleases!  It was a great trip down memory lane for me: thank you.  My two favorites are The Fog and Sorcerer.  Awesome!   Okie

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2019, 01:07:21 PM »
My favourite is Taxi Driver.

Mark

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2019, 06:28:44 PM »
Thanks you guys, All class films.....

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 07:58:42 PM »
Wow! Another great selection! Are most of the current reissues being handled by either BFI or Park Circus? I know the Park Circus quads are hard as hell to get.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2019, 03:13:35 AM »
Amazing.

How do stay on top of the availability for re-release quads? Guessing you live in London at the very least.

Thanks.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 06:26:10 AM »
Wow! Another great selection! Are most of the current reissues being handled by either BFI or Park Circus? I know the Park Circus quads are hard as hell to get.

Most rereleases in UK are Park Circus and BFI but there are also other one or two companies that do them occasionally, for example Arrow Releasing, Eureka, and more recently Powerhouse Films (Arbelos in the US) who have for example recently distributed Arbelos's release of Denis Hopper's The Last Movie - and were responsible for that lovely new poster for the Last Movie.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2019, 06:38:32 AM »
Amazing.

How do stay on top of the availability for re-release quads? Guessing you live in London at the very least.

Thanks.

I live in Manchester actually and we do actually get most of the releases up here in the local art house and some in the cinema were I work in town too - though not always and it's rarely that we have the posters. Some of the distributors like Park Circus have very limited number (many only printed in couple of hundreds) and as many of the films are marketed as one day only we only show them for one day so the film company don't send us the posters. Whereas in the art house cinema they show it for a week and so they get a poster (or two) but getting them off them is a no go (they go to staff). So it's a matter of keeping abreast of what is coming up, keeping a close eye on ebay and relying on sellers that you often buy from who may get hold of 1 or 2 and hope that you manage to get one, or and relying on good collector friends who can also help you out via there contacts too.

It can be an expensive business for collecting which are new posters - I had a tally up recently and discovered that I spent nearly £6000 in the last 3 years on new UK quads (most on rereleases, limited releases and art house pics)  - and that is before I start to count the vintage posters from places like emovie.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 04:38:47 AM »
Fair play. Thanks for that.