Author Topic: My Mexican Lobby Card Collection  (Read 5572 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: My Mexican Lobby Card Collection
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2018, 03:31:40 PM »
Really nice card here, Roddy.

Ive never even heard of this movie, Home Town Story (1951), with MM (even tho she only had a tiny part).

-Jeff

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2018, 07:31:12 PM »
For sure Jeff adds some character.  I see that Okiehawker is seeing this thread double. Am I somehow not posting right and the thread is doubling?

Hi Roddy,  Sorry, there are two Mexican lc threads, the one you just started and an older one in another APF folder.  I was in the other one and wondered where your posts had gone.  Now I know about the two threads.   Thanks for posting!  Okie

Offline roddyq

• Beginner
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 12:10:38 AM »
Hi Okie
Thank you so much for pointing out the double posting. Jeff got everything in order and good to hear you were able to find my thread in Show us your collections.
I added a couple of links to my Google sites if you have time to check them out.

https://sites.google.com/site/pequespicks/mexican-lobby-cards

https://sites.google.com/site/pequespicks/martial-arts-books

I will be adding a couple more soon.

Offline roddyq

• Beginner
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2018, 12:15:06 AM »
Really nice card here, Roddy.

Ive never even heard of this movie, Home Town Story (1951), with MM (even tho she only had a tiny part).

Thanks Jeff,
This movie from Marilyn seems to get over looked. I have seen one other card posted somewhere onetime.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2018, 12:19:15 AM »
Thanks Jeff,
This movie from Marilyn seems to get over looked. I have seen one other card posted somewhere onetime.

Not sure if this is what you saw, Roddy but emp has aucioned 2 other cards from the MX LC set, the most recent being this past May, where it sold for 17.00

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/film_title/HOME%2520TOWN%2520STORY/tag/xtype%253AMexican%2520lobby%2520card/archive.html
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:21:46 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline roddyq

• Beginner
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2018, 10:02:53 AM »
Thanks for this link Jeff. It looks like it could be a good source of information. I'll look into joining. Not the same place I say the other MM card. Are you a member of emovie?

Offline roddyq

• Beginner
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2018, 11:43:31 AM »
Ladies of the Chorus 1948

Released by Columbia Pictures, Ladies of the Chorus features Marilyn Monroe in the first major role of her career. Considered a B film at the time of its released, it quickly disappeared from theatres, and Monroe's contract with Columbia Pictures was not renewed.

Upon its original theatrical release, Adele Jergens was credited first while Marilyn Monroe was billed second. After Monroe became a star in the early 1950s, Ladies of the Chorus was reissued to capitalize on Monroe’s fame. Her name was placed before the title, not only in advertising but on the film itself, which remains today.
Not sure if you've seen these before Jeff.
The cards are a little rough it is a complete 8 card set though.

Offline roddyq

• Beginner
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2018, 10:06:47 PM »
 Some more Lobby cards and modern posters. Marilyn Monroe was an uncredited extra in The Green Grass of Wyoming. No photos stills of her unfortunately. Another link to my site.

https://sites.google.com/site/televisionseries1960sy70s/more-mexican-posters-and-lobby-cards