Author Topic: Graphic and fine art?  (Read 5701 times)

Offline MyDear

• Beginner
    • PolishPoster.com
Graphic and fine art?
« on: December 19, 2009, 05:18:58 PM »
What is the reason for having these two sections?
I am not sure what kind of difference you see between graphic art and fine art? If you go further in this direction you need also photographic art posters, photoshoped posters.
I don't think that fine art poster is a term for reproduction of so know "art pieces", old paintings, old drawings etc.. Poster is ART. so remove this graphic art poster and include it into art posters simply.
That's just suggestion... but truly I have no idea why there two such sections. And If I have no idea why there are two of these, I suspect that many more visitors here will have problems to see what there sections are fore.   You see that it is a lot of sections already. Just remove that graphic art and we will be ok.
oh and that fan art and homemade....  no idea what it is  and I have really no idea what are you expecting to be posted there..

just my 3 cents

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: Graphic and fine art?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 09:06:19 PM »
Agree - these sections should be combined into one general "Fine & Graphic Art Posters" section.

I think this forum should follow the Ebay division (links lead to the respective Ebay sections):

Movie posters
Television posters
Theater posters
Art posters (including advertising posters)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 11:23:43 PM »
All works in progress.  Along with some of the other suggestions, no doubt some of these boards are going to be combined.  Otherwise we'll have 20 boards and the need for scroll bars as long as your arm.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

guest8

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 12:21:20 PM »
I like them all .. and over time we will see what is used and what isnt and then some could possibly be combined .. Doing a great job so far Holiday !!! :D

Carson

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 07:41:13 AM »
Would definitely help to combine the two sections

and, lets be honest, the homemade/fan art section is ridiculous  :P
But seriously, it is, it just ads to the "scrolling" of the home page, imo.

Thanks for the work and taking suggestions.

Carson

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 07:49:06 AM »
And no offense, Mel, I know you have some of your work in the homemade art section. I think any homemade/fan art, again, works perfectly in graphic art section --otherwise, it will no doubt be the least viewed/participated area of the forum.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 08:04:17 AM »
And no offense, Mel, I know you have some of your work in the homemade art section. I think any homemade/fan art, again, works perfectly in graphic art section --otherwise, it will no doubt be the least viewed/participated area of the forum.

Ditch em - I couldn't care less - just trying to fill up some of the neglected sections.  

Only thing I can add is that we do not have enough members to properly test the sections, so it may be premature to ditch any.  Gigposters gets a lot of home-made art contributions but they have a huge membership.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 09:37:43 AM »
I agree.  I think removing, or better yet, putting them under graphic arts will clean things up a bit.  If, in the future, one of these sections grows then it can be broken out again if need be.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery