Propaganda & War Posters > Propaganda - Latest Acquisitions

November 2017

(1/2) > >>

DekeThornton:
I recently got another WWII poster with artwork by Arias Bernal produced for the Office of Inter-American Affairs to keep Latin American sympathies firmly with the Allies.

DekeThornton:
This one is really a calendar, but it's close enough to a poster to share here.

The caption reads "America Libre". It shows the countries of the Americas personified as a woman, who has broken her shackles. I presume this was produced immediately after WWII. Though there is no date, as this particular specimen never had the dated monthly calendar pages attached.

DekeThornton:
Here is another recent acquisition, a Mexican propaganda poster promoting the CTM (Confederación de Trabajadores de México), a confederation of trade unions that was once a potent political force.

According to my online research, the poster is from 1947:

erik1925:

--- Quote from: DekeThornton on November 08, 2017, 01:40:07 AM ---This one is really a calendar, but it's close enough to a poster to share here.

The caption reads "America Libre". It shows the countries of the Americas personified as a woman, who has broken her shackles. I presume this was produced immediately after WWII. Though there is no date, as this particular specimen never had the dated monthly calendar pages attached.

--- End quote ---

Beautiful image here, Deke.

I wonder if this piece was also ever produced in a larger poster size, too.

MoviePosterBid.com:
nice pieces Deke

since you like pin-up stuff, here is my Rolf Armstrong circa 1940.
I used to have quite a bit of original pin-up art, including Elvgren, Mozert, Macpherson, Dribben and others

this is by Robert Kalifutti (name may not be spelled correctly, piece is locked away also)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version