Author Topic: Sellers to Avoid  (Read 262326 times)

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
Re: Sellers to Avoid
« Reply #525 on: December 18, 2023, 01:15:54 AM »
I was looking forward to seeing what new titles he'd list, as he sent me a message when the sale went through saying he'll be listing more.  A couple people asked me to buy something from sellers who blocked them, and it all went ok.  If enough time has passed you can probably just start a new account and they won't remember the name and/or address of the eBay ID they blocked.  You mentioned a while ago that you don't buy from idiots so I guess that seller wasn't too bad, and/or those purchases must have been important.  Similarly I'd rather just have my integrity and buy from folks who do better.

I'm much less of a condition perfectionist and more into finding the best deal.  He has several posters that are very wavy (squished but not crushed) that would flatten out perfectly if stored flat for a while, like in my flattening a wavy gravy poster thread.  However, if something is in different condition than when it was purchased, I also would always demand a refund.  This seattlewarehouse guy actually sent a nice message apologizing for the damaged shipment due to his lackluster packaging.  Despite the nice message, the fact that he blocked me might imply that he blames me somehow for his mistakes.  Another seller I mentioned here a few years ago went crazy blaming me and the USPS for his terrible packaging.  That was in the holiday season also.  girly2.gif

Yep, agree, blocking isn't right... I guess he did it so that you can't review his business.   
At least, you got a nice message.  I know one - member here - who would lie and send insults.   Stealing money for goods he never sent then telling me to fuck myself with my small dick... and people digs him!   
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #526 on: December 18, 2023, 06:01:18 PM »
In many cases, they don’t necessarily want the item back, but want to make sure that you as the buyer a) actually want to send it back and aren’t just bluffing or b) want to add the extra hurdle for you to send it back in the hopes that you might just not bother.

Either way, if you send it back, eBay is excellent these days at ensuring that you get your money back, no matter how difficult a seller may be. It may take longer than I would like, but eBay will eventually step in and get you a full refund as a buyer.

Good points.  Yeah eBay almost always stands with the buyer, in my experience.  I've dealt with some terrible sellers and they have always provided a refund from the sellers, when the sellers wouldn't issue one.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #527 on: December 18, 2023, 06:03:58 PM »
Yep, agree, blocking isn't right... I guess he did it so that you can't review his business.   
At least, you got a nice message.  I know one - member here - who would lie and send insults.   Stealing money for goods he never sent then telling me to fuck myself with my small dick... and people digs him!   

Yeah, that sounds like a difficult situation.  I'm still not sure what to make of all that, as it seemed like a lot of misunderstandings.