Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: MPF
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2010, 10:58:50 PM »
Hey T & Holiday,

Why not expand the forum with Home Theaters section. I think it would be safe to assume that a majority of us collect posters because we love to watch movies and enjoy to watch them on our own personal home setups. My thoughts are that people who don't collect posters but enjoy watching movies could easily catch the bug of collecting if they simply knew that there is hobby of collecting movie posters. I think there are some members here who probably belong to a few of those forums (i do not) that could easily spread the word. Those who end up joining from any home theater forum would probably be more willing to join if they had a section to post in that they are already comfortable with talking about.

Cj

I like the theory, Cj, but question whether we can compete with the existing base of forums out there for home theater.  I used to be somewhat of an audiophile and I frequented those forums.  Now, I'm not so hung up on sound and video quality.  But, there is a happy medium between the two I guess. 

There's a home theater site out there that also sells movie posters - some of the posters are really good, but all are really expensive.  Also, are we talking people who are interested in home theater to maximize their movie experience, or those who do so only for the sake of doing so, with movie watching almost an afterthought?  I don't know if this makes sense.  But, the point is I like Cj's thought and wouldn't mind seeing this line of thinking expanded upon by the rest of us.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

guest8

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 09:45:36 PM »
I think it would be fun to talk shop about our home theaters .. Im new to the game being as Ive only been working on mine for a month or so now .. But its came a long way since I first moved in ;) Oh and I decided to create mine to re-create the actual theater movie watching experience .. :D And I honestly believe that my projector has better quality than some regular screens Ive had the pleasure of paying to watch around here .. I pretty much refuse to go unless its to an IMAX showing .. the picture quality can vary too greatly for me and I feel cheated if I think my TV at home could have a better picture :P

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 10:02:42 PM »
I like the theory, Cj, but question whether we can compete with the existing base of forums out there for home theater.  I used to be somewhat of an audiophile and I frequented those forums.  Now, I'm not so hung up on sound and video quality.  But, there is a happy medium between the two I guess. 

There's a home theater site out there that also sells movie posters - some of the posters are really good, but all are really expensive.  Also, are we talking people who are interested in home theater to maximize their movie experience, or those who do so only for the sake of doing so, with movie watching almost an afterthought?  I don't know if this makes sense.  But, the point is I like Cj's thought and wouldn't mind seeing this line of thinking expanded upon by the rest of us.

I dont thinks it's about competition as there is going to be more established forums out there who solely concentrate on a single topic such as home theaters.  If creating a home theater section brings only ten people but those ten people have a wealth of information to offer some of us who don't know squat on home theater setups in return we welcome them into our world and they learn from us or catch the bug then it's win all the way around. The forum is 10 people richer. Obviously the idea behind it is to bring more than 10 people but if turns out to be a bust, nothing was lost and hopefully there was at least a little gain.

Besides who wouldn't want to hang out with us poster nerds!

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 11:26:54 PM »
I dont thinks it's about competition as there is going to be more established forums out there who solely concentrate on a single topic such as home theaters.  If creating a home theater section brings only ten people but those ten people have a wealth of information to offer some of us who don't know squat on home theater setups in return we welcome them into our world and they learn from us or catch the bug then it's win all the way around. The forum is 10 people richer. Obviously the idea behind it is to bring more than 10 people but if turns out to be a bust, nothing was lost and hopefully there was at least a little gain.

Besides who wouldn't want to hang out with us poster nerds!

Well, dudes, you have the power, so set it up!  I don't think T will mind, and if he does he will say something as only he can say.

Use those ADMIN powers!  I'd suggest setting it up between Collecting & Collectibles in Other Areas and the Off Topic section, unless you have a better idea.

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 12:12:19 AM »
Added the section and anyone out there who belongs to a home theater forum please bring some users this way!