Author Topic: Young Frankenstein U.S. One Sheet size  (Read 2175 times)

Offline CJ138

• Collector
Young Frankenstein U.S. One Sheet size
« on: September 11, 2010, 08:23:35 AM »
A few years ago I picked up a Young Frankenstein one sheet from a dealer in New York (It was at a convention, not ebay).  Anyway, I wound up buying Young Frankenstein poster which was folded and I was told to be 27x41.  However, when I got it home and actually laid it out and measured to frame it was 27x40!  My gut is telling me I got screwed but I wanted to ask and hear from you guys. Are there any details on this poster I can look for to determine if it is a fake?
Thanks in advance!
Conor
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: Young Frankenstein U.S. One Sheet size
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 09:00:17 AM »
A few years ago I picked up a Young Frankenstein one sheet from a dealer in New York (It was at a convention, not ebay).  Anyway, I wound up buying Young Frankenstein poster which was folded and I was told to be 27x41.  However, when I got it home and actually laid it out and measured to frame it was 27x40!  My gut is telling me I got screwed but I wanted to ask and hear from you guys. Are there any details on this poster I can look for to determine if it is a fake?
Thanks in advance!
Conor

Glad you're on board, Conor.  Mine is 27 1/8" x 41", so yours is either a reprint or trimmed.  As you're probably aware, one sheets were 41" vertical until the late 80s.  Keep an eye on Ebay for a replacement - I picked mine up for $75 a few months ago.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 09:11:28 AM »
Update to my last post:

Yes, yours is clearly trimmed at the top, unfortunately.  I'd demand a refund if possible.  I've had TWO dealers on this board negligently send me trimmed posters in the last few months and it royally pissed me off, even though I got full or partial refunds.

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 09:29:14 AM »
Thanks Mel! I do not think there is any hope for me as far as a refund. I am pissed but I did not drop too much money on it. BTW I have a Grindhouse DS and your post comparing the 27x40 to the 27x39 was awesome!
Conor
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.