Author Topic: My Carry On collection...  (Read 20752 times)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
Re: My Carry On collection...
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2018, 03:19:54 AM »
Wait a minute!  Is this the original Cannonball Run? Really colorful and well designed image, Test!  It has that joyous, raucous feel that reminded me of the Burt Reynolds movie.
Must be on my mind, eh?   Okie

How's it going Okie.

No I can assure you Cabby has nothing to do with Cannonball Run in any way, sadly you must just have poor old Burt's passing on your mind.

Glad you like the design of the Quad though ;)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2018, 01:18:20 PM »
Appreciate that Jeff thumbsup.gif

Yes, the fact that the Carry On series is so popular (especially in the UK) and the famous Chantrell did the artwork for this Quad and it having such a sexy look to it with the leggy babes helps to make it one of the most sought after of the entire series, along with all these things and the fact it's so rare it also makes it very expensive if you are lucky enough to come across one, to date this is the single most expensive poster I've bought and that won't change in a hurry, if ever!

As for watching the films Jeff, you could do a lot worse than to start with this one "Cabby" which was the 7th film in the series, the later films were more in your face with the saucy lines/humour etc. but, Cabby is a favourite of many Carry On fans and has a much more innocent warm feeling compared to later films in the series with a nice story to back it up. Other than that I'd say try and watch Carry On Screaming which spoofs the Hammer Horror series and is considered one of the genuine classics in the Carry On series :)

Thanks for the added tips and pointers, John.

All sounds good and like a 'watching plan of attack' to me.  :)

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2018, 03:11:47 PM »
Thanks for the added tips and pointers, John.

All sounds good and like a 'watching plan of attack' to me.  :)

No worries, anytime Jeff :)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2018, 10:27:17 PM »
Hey John, I came across this article, in case you hadnt seen it:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/sep/11/fenella-fielding-carry-on-actor-dies-aged-90

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2018, 11:55:12 AM »
Hey John, I came across this article, in case you hadnt seen it:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/sep/11/fenella-fielding-carry-on-actor-dies-aged-90

Hey! Jeff,

Yes, I did hear about this sad news, it's actually the second well known Carry On actress that has passed away this month (Liz Fraser was the other one) :(

Thanks for the link anyway, appreciated thumbsup.gif

guest4955

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2018, 04:56:06 PM »
In the meantime I've treated myself to a book (paperback) and have attached a picture of it, it's an older book but, I've heard good things about it, so hopefully I'll learn plenty from it, fingers crossed ;) Just to add, I've not got the book yet, only just ordered it online today!

Absolutely terrific book BTW and the author has kindly answered my dopey emails.  ;D

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2018, 07:54:06 PM »
Hey! Jeff,

Yes, I did hear about this sad news, it's actually the second well known Carry On actress that has passed away this month (Liz Fraser was the other one) :(

Thanks for the link anyway, appreciated thumbsup.gif

Sure thing, John. cheers

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2018, 04:16:39 PM »
Absolutely terrific book BTW and the author has kindly answered my dopey emails.  ;D

I agree it's a great! book, it has loads of lovely high quality pictures of many fantastic well known (and also less known) UK Quads, so if your main area of collecting is UK Quads you really can't go far wrong in buying this book :)