Author Topic: CINECON in Hollywood  (Read 5285 times)

Freefall

CINECON in Hollywood
« on: August 30, 2010, 02:28:37 PM »
Hey guys!

Cinecon in Hollywood is this weekend. Anyone of you guys going? I am planning to attend and check it out. Are there any posters dealers that you can recommend I check out for those of you who have attended this show?

Hope to see some of you there.

Froi

guest8

Re: CINECON in Hollywood
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 05:40:45 PM »
I wish I lived on the west coast :(

Freefall

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 05:49:03 PM »
I wish I lived on the west coast :(

Pfffttt...Besides the awesome weather during the winter months, the beautiful people, some awesome beaches, there's nothing really going on here in the West Coast.

guest8

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 06:04:46 PM »
LOL .. That + cinecon you just listed 3 things that we dont get a lot of here in the mid-east :P

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 06:11:03 PM »
Pfffttt...Besides the awesome weather during the winter months, the beautiful people, some awesome beaches, there's nothing really going on here in the West Coast.

Hey, I came from Paris to live here.  I've pretty much been all around the world, and there is nowhere else I'd like to live.  Nice political views, openness to change.  The only thing I miss are the Italian and French rivieras in the summer, sailing from one creek to the next, skinny dipping in the warm Mediterranean sea, but it's only for a couple months a year, so I can fly.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 06:13:03 PM »
And to answer your original question... Not me!  I hate this kind of social gathering.  But I'm sure Rich is going.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Freefall

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 06:16:27 PM »

Lucifer - well, now would be a fine time to come over and visit :-p

Cheesehead (eatbrie) - lol. C'mon, it would be nice to meet fellow APFsters (and I just invented a new word!). And who is Rich?

:)

guest8

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 06:19:55 PM »
LOL .. With an invitation out .. I may have to make the trip one day .. sadly not this weekend though :P ... You better watch out T .. if I do come out I may stalk ya from all the info I have gathered on you .. Ill show up one day knockin' at your door demanding to see your man cave !! :)

guest8

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 06:46:06 PM »
What about the lakers jersey ;)

Freefall

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 06:46:18 PM »
Funny.  You know, for a while there, I was a little worried that I might have said too much on the forums (especially since I couldn't remember what had been said), but now that everything precious has left the house for a better location, I feel better.  I can sleep soundly.

And as far as Cinecom is concerned, over my dead body.  I went once and swore to never go again.  As much as I like collecting, some collectors frighten me, and not in a good way.  So Freefall, thanks for the invit, but no thank you.

Wow. I feel like the guy who invited a girl to the prom and got turned down. TWICE!  :P

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 08:06:50 PM »
LOL .. That + cinecon you just listed 3 things that we dont get a lot of here in the mid-east :P

well if you live in the mid-east.. you do get lots of sun.
are you in Saudi Arabia or Eritrea??

wynk

Thierry.. I can't make it to Cinecon
I'd like to go.. but too busy

and Freefall
I'm Rich
 welcome1

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Freefall

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 08:23:03 PM »

wynk

Thierry.. I can't make it to Cinecon
I'd like to go.. but too busy

and Freefall
I'm Rich
 welcome1

oh, you! hi!!!

too busy?!!? pffftttttttttttttttttt

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 08:43:46 PM »
yeah well.. someone has to do the auctions

wynk

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

guest8

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 10:17:01 PM »

LOL .. Actually .. Indiana .. But I feel its more accurate to say mid-east instead of mid-west :P

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 10:23:26 PM »
LOL .. Actually .. Indiana .. But I feel its more accurate to say mid-east instead of mid-west :P

I'm a BIG fan of John Mellencamp.  I heard he's very active in Indiana, helping farmers and shit.  Is he your neighbor?

:-*
My Personal Collection

Freefall

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 06:30:37 PM »
Sooooooo...I just came back from Cinecon in Hollywood and as a first time attendee of such gathering, I was a little disappointed. It's a small convention, and by small I mean REALLY SMALL. There was about 6 small halls for dealers and 95% of the paper they're selling are vintage and linen backed. There was an ET Spacehip poster linenbacked that was selling for 700$ that I almost bought but passed on. I picked up a three posters that I will post as soon as I take pictures.