Author Topic: Gremlins 2 opinions please  (Read 2558 times)

MonsterSquad

Gremlins 2 opinions please
« on: August 23, 2010, 08:39:39 PM »
Gremlins 2 poster finally arrived in the mail today.  It measures exactly 27x40 1/4 

It has no NSS number.  does this look like an original printed from the studio?  any idea why it's 1/4 inch longer than 40?

any opinions would be great.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Gremlins 2 opinions please
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 09:31:26 PM »
The absence of NSS number should not worry you on a 1990 poster.  Mine is 27x39, but it is DS.  Again, it is possible that a larger SS version exists.  Reprints are usually smaller, not larger.  I don't really have an answer, but I do believe your poster is original.

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
Re: Gremlins 2 opinions please
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 05:05:51 AM »
Gremlins 2 poster finally arrived in the mail today.  It measures exactly 27x40 1/4 

It has no NSS number.  does this look like an original printed from the studio?  any idea why it's 1/4 inch longer than 40?

any opinions would be great.

Brie's right about the NSS number, of course.

A general word of warning... I don't know about this title in particular, but around this time Warner Bros. was using the exact same images for the video releases (SS only) as the theatrical release (DS & SS).  I know a scummy Seattle poster shop (still in business, BTW) that purposely sought out video copies to sell as original theatrical movie posters.