Author Topic: 80's & 90's Double sided Fakes?  (Read 2435 times)

MonsterSquad

80's & 90's Double sided Fakes?
« on: August 20, 2010, 05:44:38 PM »
Hey guys,

just wondering if there are any double sided fakes from the 80's and 90's? I know there are double sided fakes of the newer movies but have older double sided movie posters been reproduced? I have a Back to the Future Part III that is double sided and want to make sure it's real. it looks pretty good though. small print is pretty clear and sharp. the size is 27x40 maybe a 1/4 inch short but from what I read that's acceptable. it also has NSS number at the bottom.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: 80's & 90's Double sided Fakes?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 05:47:15 PM »
BTTF hasn't been reproduced DS, so you're fine.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

MonsterSquad

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 05:55:30 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation.  Before I knew anything about original movie posters I bought 4 posters off Bradburied on ebay only to find out a lot of people had bad experiences with him.  However all 4 posters look to be Original.  It's nice to have confirmation that D/S BTTF have not been reproduced.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 05:58:24 PM »
A lot of Bradburied posters are reprints he passes for originals, so you never know what you get, which is why a lot of collectors stay clear from his auctions.  Glad to know you got lucky, and...

welcome to the forum.

Thierry
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 05:59:17 PM »
Hey Monster,
 Im pretty much a newbie to the forum too,but i ve found that the collective knowledge here is priceless.
Glad your query was answered so quickly.

Best
Stew