Author Topic: Personal Poster Websites  (Read 2754 times)

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
Personal Poster Websites
« on: July 09, 2016, 04:54:00 PM »
I know a few have, like Thierry at eatbrie.com, which is a great resource and I love looking through your collection btw.

I am currently developing my own site and was wandering who has or is thinking of developing there own poster sites to showcase their collection

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: Personal Poster Websites
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 05:35:46 PM »
To get you started, click menu link above that says "Members" and a column is for websites. It's a mix of personal and commercial websites

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 05:47:02 PM »
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't know that, will have a look through

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 05:49:03 PM »
I'm trying to build one (have been for aaaaages). The guts of the site are all there and I've finally caught up with taking photos, so now all I have to do is catalogue every poster (name, size, year of release, artist blah blah), then upload the photos and data. I'm about half way through, should be done by end of the year maybe? It's tedious, but fun in a way too.

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 05:52:47 PM »
That's really cool. I am at the picture stage with mine but I am rubbish at taking pictures.

I need to work out SQL databases. I have no web experience so am learning on the go.

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 06:03:27 PM »
That's really cool. I am at the picture stage with mine but I am rubbish at taking pictures.

I need to work out SQL databases. I have no web experience so am learning on the go.

My pictures are dreadful! I don't have a dedicated space to do it, so just use whatever light is available...the UK can be pretty grey! Yes, I'm learning on the go too, although had some help with even the mildest technical stuff. It has been an interesting experience so far.  Make sure you share your site when it's done!

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 06:14:45 PM »
Of course I will share. At the moment keep testing bits out with the family but they are not interested in posters. Love doing it, although very time consuming as takes me x4 (could be longer) as long to complete a task than someone trained in web development.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 12:41:20 AM »
I know a few have, like Thierry at eatbrie.com, which is a great resource and I love looking through your collection btw.

I am currently developing my own site and was wandering who has or is thinking of developing there own poster sites to showcase their collection

Some others are listed here, too.  thumbsup.gif

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,5283.0.html
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:41:45 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 11:12:58 AM »

Just saw this thread.

Thanks for the compliments.  I never thought of my website as a great resource, but I like it ;)

For my money, Ed's http://www.filmonpaper.com/ remains the best resource out there.  The only resource, actually, since I can't think of another website, collector or dealer, that does what he does.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 08:05:38 PM »
Thierry and Ed's sites are very well done and very thorough.  Didn't Holiday have a site as well?  Is he still in the hobby?
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 08:22:46 PM »
Filmonpaper is an excellent site. For usability that's on top for me. However, I like eatbrie because if I want to see all Jaws posters released I can see them all together.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 05:17:55 PM »
I wish you could see em all together.  Missing a couple big boys.  But the US advance, Japanese BO, French billboard, Thai and Indian are rare enough these days.

Yes, if I like a movie or if it fits my collection patterns, I want them all.  Glad you like it :)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)