Author Topic: San Francisco Bans Guns on OTHER GUYS Movie Posters?  (Read 9265 times)

guest8

Re: San Francisco Bans Guns on OTHER GUYS Movie Posters?
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 01:39:59 PM »
We are rapidly heading to a "Minority Report" world.  In 15 years in new houses every wall will be a huge touchpad/monitor/screen.  You'll be able to project/display any movie poster on your "wall" for zero cost.  All printed/physical media - posters, books, records, etc. - will seem quaint. 

Still, some people will want to collect and/or display physical posters, just like some people collect first editions of old books, even though you can download out-of-copyright books for free.  But they'll only want the very very best old posters, not the junk from the last few years of movie posters.

Id say I agree .. But the time line is way off .. I mean look at the 70-90's movies and how they depicted the future .. If we went by what we thought the future would be like wed all be living in space by now .. :P  We always expect these leaps and bounds of technology to enter into everyday life instantaneously .. But it takes years if not decades for people to get comfortable with new tech.... I mean come on cable just went digital was it this year or last? They pushed that off for how long ?? 5-10 years? The big dogs dont want to spend the money to change over and the little people are afraid of change .. I mean there are still some house holds out there that do not have internet, no computer at all, no cell phones or even a DVD/BD player (yes i know of one that lacks all of those things!)

So to think that all households will be like in Minority Report is reaching a bit .. Although I do agree it will be possible and some households may in fact have it .. BUt not all Id say less than half and thats being generous.

Online paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »
So, back to my original question: will these posters become those extremely valuable, hard-to-find variants that every one of us will want in 10 years?
Does anyone here own one?
Have other posters been altered in this fashion?  If so, what titles?
Thanks, poster whores!

Well the Irish versions of Quads, etc were altered by the Irish censor if they showed a bit much female flesh. Though they just "painted" on dresses, knickers, skirts, etc over the bits they wanted to cover. So I'm guessing they won't be worth as much as an un-censored poster. I do have one some where, if I come across it I'll post it.
It's more than a Hobby...

Online paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 03:36:41 PM »
Unbelivable, I was looking for my Kong Quad for the Twin Towers thread, but found this Irish Censored poster.
It's more than a Hobby...