Author Topic: Spaceballs: The Search For More Money  (Read 5923 times)

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
Witty signature goes here.

Mirosae

Re: Spaceballs: The Search For More Money
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 01:55:38 AM »
Prank!

Truth?

Dunno :-\

:) ;) >:D girly2.gif

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 07:13:01 AM »
There are 3 boxes, so it must be real. I believe this movie by the looks of it would get on IMDb 1 out of 10

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 08:51:29 AM »
Unfortunately it isn't real but Mel Brooks is apparently considering a sequel. With all the Star Wars hoopla, he'd be a fool not to!  

As a kid I must have seen the original Spaceballs 50 times. Great stuff.  A silly comedy in the grand scheme of things, but surely one of the first flicks to take a stab at the commercialization of the industry and poke fun at Jews in Hollywood in such a way. The title of the planned sequel Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money is discussed in the first movie.  Plus a couple of canucks - Rick Moranis and John Candy - really made this a comedy for the ages.  
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:53:13 AM by Crazy Vick »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 11:15:42 AM »
Unfortunately it isn't real but Mel Brooks is apparently considering a sequel. With all the Star Wars hoopla, he'd be a fool not to!  

Mel Brooks is approaching 90.  He may have other things on his mind than a Spaceballs sequel.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 11:36:41 AM »
Mel Brooks is approaching 90.  He may have other things on his mind than a Spaceballs sequel.

T

Not to mention that 2/3 of the cast is dead and most of the rest are out of the business.
-Jay-

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 11:57:31 AM »
Not to mention that 2/3 of the cast is dead and most of the rest are out of the business.
Just call the sequel a prequel or better yet, set in 100 years in the future after the original SB story ended.  Either way, you're able to get a whole new cast and with thus raise the possibility of snagging the Clooneys, Pitts, Therons etc.