Author Topic: Japanese posters for sale from my collection B0's, B1's and B2's  (Read 17223 times)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: Japanese posters for sale from my collection B0's, B1's and B2's
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 03:09:51 AM »
Well, I have a copy of Tales of Genji, but I screwed up and bought one without subtitles.  Oops.  I probably understand more than the average gaijin, but I still miss a lot.  As for Renaissance, I have a R2 copy of that one.  It came out a while before the R1 release, and I was itching to see it.  Its an awesome film, by the way, for those that have not seen it.

I need a copy of Death Rides a Horse, Chad.  I was thinking it was in the Once Upon a Time in Italy box set that I have, but I checked and it has Keoma, Texas Adios, Four of the Apocalypse, Companeros, and A Bullet for the General.  Oh well, just another one to add to the list I guess.  I do watch an awful lot of movies Dale, and have seen probably 95% of the films I own posters for.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 08:21:04 AM »
Just curious if you guys were buying for the art or you liked the films or combination of the two.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »
Just curious if you guys were buying for the art or you liked the films or combination of the two.

Most of the time a combination of the two. Sometimes the art is just striking to me and other times the title/film itself is what I love and the poster artwork is lacking, yet I still add it to the collection.

With Death Rides A Horse, I love that film. It is a Revenge film which I'm always a fan of and anyone can tell by my Chan Wook-park Revenge Trilogy poster collection and my Kill Bill - Revenge collection. The Count of Monte Cristo is a revenge movie I love and I have the poster in my collection even though it is a lot less appealing than almost any other poster I own. Death Rides A Horse is just a bad ass F'n name of a movie if you ask me and the artwork on the Tatekan is stellar.

Anyone who can't watch old Westerns for what they are won't like the film. Back in the day they couldn't shoot sound outside so they had to dub a lot of voices in the studio and they didn't have the money and equipment to match everything perfectly. For anyone wanting to watch the film it is going to be on par with A Fistful of Dollars - quality wise. A lot of times the old Spaghetti-Westerns are hard to find and the copies you get are based of surviving film prints that are worn out from the use in old theaters. So watching them on a 50 inch TV can be rough, watching them on a 23 inch cinema screen computer monitor I find is better.

No problem Schan, I also have some others if you want.  Grand Duel, Fistful of Lead, Minnesota Clay, God's Gun, Sabata(the first of the trilogy), and another movie with a kick ass title even though it's a bit long...

Between God, the Devil, and a Winchester.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 02:31:34 PM »
Korea has produced some excellent films recently...outside of Chan-Wook, I'd definitely recommend The Chaser and Memories of Murder

Also - I bought a B1 of Cj a couple of weeks back and he was a pleasure to deal with. Poster arrived very quickly and I haven't unwrapped it yet as I got it sent to my parents house, but I'm sure it'll be in tip top condition. Thanks Cj!

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 02:49:39 PM »
Korea has produced some excellent films recently...outside of Chan-Wook, I'd definitely recommend The Chaser and Memories of Murder

Those are both good films as well.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 09:50:54 PM »
Bringing this to the top. A few posters are sold as I have not had a chance to update it. I may be adding a few more I just need to figure out which ones I am going to part with and take photos to clean up some space.

Cj