Author Topic: New Rules  (Read 17723 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
New Rules
« on: September 09, 2015, 06:24:44 PM »
Okay, so a couple of new rules here.   Jeff, please move this thread if it's not where it's supposed to be.

This is a forum, which means that we want (and hope) that people will participate.  No one will bite you, we're all out there to serve the greater community, so if you like posters enough to join, all we're asking is that you post.  We made it more difficult for lurk-ers to see certain threads, so some of them decided to join and never post.

So here's the deal.  

1. You must post within a week if you join.  If you don't post, we cut you off.
2. You must post at least once every 6 months.  If you don't, we cut you off.

Seems like plenty of time to me.  You don't want to post, don't join.

With love,

T
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:26:01 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: New Rules
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 07:28:11 PM »
Seems this thread is not locked thus is open to comments...

Good intentions, tho you might just encourage a post every 6 months like this:

:D

For their first post, I suggest have them post a webcam headshot, present their whole poster collection, let us know their poster sources, advise where they live and what they plan to bid on next? This list can be itemised as a template.

Hmmm, seriously though, maybe a kudos system, with at least one kudos every x months, with added discretion from mods to make it work? Don't know... tricky

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 12:50:23 PM »
Seems this thread is not locked thus is open to comments...

Good intentions, tho you might just encourage a post every 6 months like this:

:D

For their first post, I suggest have them post a webcam headshot, present their whole poster collection, let us know their poster sources, advise where they live and what they plan to bid on next? This list can be itemised as a template.

Hmmm, seriously though, maybe a kudos system, with at least one kudos every x months, with added discretion from mods to make it work? Don't know... tricky

I am curious what you mean by kudos system. I once belonged to forum directed towards Internet security. The forum had a system where you could essentially give a thumbs up to a post or more specifically article/tutorial. Is this what you mean?

T I think the rule sets should be included in the welcome to the forum letter. Basic stuff like posting for sale items, posting minimums like noted.... I lurked a lot in the beginning, just kind of feeling the community out and myself towards the hobby. Just my thoughts!
This Space For Rent!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 12:54:29 PM »
Chris,

T's rule (and post) were duplicated up on the General Poster Board, too.  :D

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9961.0.html
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 12:38:45 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 09:00:13 PM »
If you dont tell T to fuck off once a year you are cut off!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 01:34:08 AM »
If you dont tell T to fuck off once a year you are cut off!

Doing (or saying nothing) on the forum, once signed up, is a more likely way to have the "cut off" happen.   blowingkiss.gif

-Jeff