Author Topic: This is a new forum...  (Read 5733 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
This is a new forum...
« on: December 17, 2009, 02:14:42 PM »
There is still a lot of work to do.  Please don't be afraid to tell us what you think.

We want to build this house together.  Make it comfortable for all.  One brick at a time.  Bring yours.

T.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest8

Re: This is a new forum...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 02:56:15 PM »
Ok, the only issues Ive had so far ..

One of which probably isnt a big deal its just that with this being so new Im moving from one thread to another so quickly .. But theres a limit you cant post twice within 60 seconds of one another .. and if if you do it errors telling you that you cant post within 60 seconds of your previous post .. But it also (im pretty sure) resets that 60 second counter.. I tried posting a few times and each time I kept having to wait longer .. So I just went away for a couple mins then came back and posted it :P

The other is after I post it takes me to the subforum of the thread I just posted in instead of the the bottom of the thread where I posted .. I thought that was odd ..

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 04:28:02 PM »
Fallen,

I hate flood control too.  I've reduced the setting to 10 seconds between posts.  It's designed to keep spambots from posting a bajillion messages in one shot. 

Let me know what you think.

H
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 04:44:10 PM »
Hey Ho,

Is there a way to download picture onto the forum without linking them?

T.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 04:56:08 PM »
use the attachment function when you post.  the thing is, it asks you to browse to the picture, but there's no "add" button or the like.  Just browse to the picture on your computer, select it, and then complete your post.  You can do that up to 4 times per post as it's currently set.  Once you hit "post" it will upload and display the pics in your post.  It will not show up when you "preview" your post. Only when you "post"
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.