Off-Topic Discussion > Board Issues, Suggestions, Updates, Questions & Fixes

Occasional Log On Issues to APF

(1/11) > >>

erik1925:
Ive had this situation happen a few times over the last couple months, where  I have been on APF, then refresh the page, and the (mac) pie wheel spins, waiting to connect to APF, until it times out and I cannot log on. Thing is i can get on to any and all other sites i try.

I am using an Apple Express wireless router. Ive reset the Apple express router (to default settings, so i had to create a new network) and powered both my cable modem and AE down to power cycle them, but that hasnt done the trick, so far.

Right now, I am hardwired to my laptop via an ethernet cable running directly from my cable modem to my mac. And with this setup, I can log onto APF just fine.

Anyone else have this kind of issue, or know what might be happening? I was thinking the IP in the airport express might be blocking randomly my access to APFs IP, but i cant imagine why it would just suddenly and randomly do this.

All odd, as ive tried the various troubleshooting, and so far, nada, today.   :-\

Charlie:

--- Quote from: erik1925 on September 04, 2015, 04:31:47 PM ---Ive had this situation happen a few times over the last couple months, where  I have been on APF, then refresh the page, and the (mac) pie wheel spins, waiting to connect to APF, until it times out and I cannot log on. Thing is i can get on to any and all other sites i try. I am using an Apple Express wireless router. Ive reset the Apple express router (to default settings, so i had to create a new network) and powered both my cable modem and AE down to power cycle them, but that hasnt done the trick, so far.

Right now, I am hardwired to my laptop via an ethernet cable running directly from my cable modem to my mac. And with this setup, I can log onto APF just fine.

Anyone else have this kind of issue, or know what might be happening? I was thinking the IP in the airport express might be blocking randomly my access to APFs IP, but i cant imagine why it would just suddenly and randomly do this.

All odd, as ive tried the various troubleshooting, and so far, nada, today.  :-\

--- End quote ---

Did you block yourself?    ;D  This is what was happening to me on my entire modem, wireless and hard wired...  It resolved itself in a week or so.

erik1925:

--- Quote from: Charlie on September 04, 2015, 04:35:49 PM ---Did you block yourself?    ;D  This is what was happening to me on my entire modem, wireless and hard wired...  It resolved itself in a week or so.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Charlie.

This happened (again) last night. I was on APF, and when i did a page refresh, I initially got a window, saying something to the effect: "Sorry, SMF (Simple Machines) cannot access the database. Please try again, later."

When I refreshed that page and tried again, thinking the issue would have resolved, is when the "pie wheel of doom" spun until the connection timed out. So i didnt do anything out of the ordinary. And it was that way this AM, too, when i fired up the laptop first thing.

eatbrie:
Everything works fine for me, Jeff.

Too much  potroll.gif maybe?

T

erik1925:
Maybe...  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version