Author Topic: Anyone in the UK can help receive some posters?  (Read 11245 times)

Offline jtoh014

• Beginner
Anyone in the UK can help receive some posters?
« on: August 07, 2015, 11:35:01 AM »
Hi guys,

I need some help here... I have a few posters that I've acquired from sellers who post only within the UK.
Unfortunately, a friend of mine who does this usually is back in Singapore for the moment.
If there is anyone kind enough to help me out with an address I can forward it to please drop me a PM.
I'll be eternally grateful  ;D

Cheers,
Julian
J

Offline jtoh014

• Beginner
Re: Anyone in the UK can help receive some posters?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 12:46:55 PM »
I've received great help. This thread will be closed. Thanks!
J

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 01:38:02 PM »
That was fast!
Chris

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 03:50:38 PM »
Bloody hell, that was fast.

I would have helped too.

Offline jtoh014

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 09:26:36 PM »
Exactly! Thank you all anyway for offering to help. Lovely to know such great people here. I stay in Singapore, somewhere in Southeast Asia, so in case anybody needs anything consolidated in the mystical east I'll be more than happy to help! Cheers
J

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 11:29:19 PM »
  thumbup

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 11:56:19 PM »
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 01:44:40 AM »
Exactly! Thank you all anyway for offering to help. Lovely to know such great people here. I stay in Singapore, somewhere in Southeast Asia, so in case anybody needs anything consolidated in the mystical east I'll be more than happy to help! Cheers

Hey Julian.

Are you based permanently in Singapore? Or just there for the time being?

I had a good number of friends in college, (including a roommate) that were from Singapore.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline jtoh014

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 07:02:17 AM »
Hey Julian.

Are you based permanently in Singapore? Or just there for the time being?

I had a good number of friends in college, (including a roommate) that were from Singapore.  thumbsup.gif

Hey Jeff, I'm based here. If there's anything you need from Singapore I'm happy to help. What do you think of Singaporeans? I'm curious  ;)
I'm still in college. Funny thing is I'm heading over to the UK for a semester of exchange coming Jan.

J
J

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 08:24:49 AM »
I gotta go to Singapore next year some time to interview some surviving members of the SHAW BROS family ;)

I used to love a TV comedy from Singapore also, UNDER ONE ROOF.

his reminds me of a story! Long before your time.......

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline jtoh014

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 09:19:52 AM »
That sounds suuuupperrr exciting! Could I tag along please?  :-X What's it gonna be for? A docu?

Under One Roof is a classic past time for many of us. Channel 5 used to produce some great stuff such as Phua Chu Kang as well.
Well, guess I'm not that young...
J

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 07:59:02 PM »
Hey Jeff, I'm based here. If there's anything you need from Singapore I'm happy to help. What do you think of Singaporeans? I'm curious  ;)
I'm still in college. Funny thing is I'm heading over to the UK for a semester of exchange coming Jan.

J

Thanks Julian. Good to know and I will let you know if I ever come across something from there.

All the friends I had in college that were from Singapore were great. Super friendly, and we all had a great time.   thumbsup.gif  We are all still in touch even tho several went back, after finishing school here, in southern California.

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 09:39:25 PM »
That sounds suuuupperrr exciting! Could I tag along please?  :-X What's it gonna be for? A docu?

Under One Roof is a classic past time for many of us. Channel 5 used to produce some great stuff such as Phua Chu Kang as well.
Well, guess I'm not that young...

re SHAW bros, SURE, are you a fan?
I am not SURE what I will do yet, seems crazy, but I have a chance to do SOMETHING, whether I film it, or just write I am not SURE yet.
Actually it might help to have a local there incase theres some language barriers.

Id like to check out more of your local shows some time,

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline jtoh014

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 09:56:06 AM »
Thanks Julian. Good to know and I will let you know if I ever come across something from there.

All the friends I had in college that were from Singapore were great. Super friendly, and we all had a great time.   thumbsup.gif  We are all still in touch even tho several went back, after finishing school here, in southern California.

Haha glad to hear that Jeff! Somehow there is a persistent notion that we're from China, but usually that's a good conversation starter when we explain that we're not.

If you're interested in anything that's Chinese I might be able to help :)
J

Offline jtoh014

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 10:01:35 AM »
re SHAW bros, SURE, are you a fan?
I am not SURE what I will do yet, seems crazy, but I have a chance to do SOMETHING, whether I film it, or just write I am not SURE yet.
Actually it might help to have a local there incase theres some language barriers.

Id like to check out more of your local shows some time,

Great! I'll be glad to help! I'm in a media school now so if you're intending to film it or anything I might be able to do SOMETHING. Haha!
Most of us speak English relatively well... a bit of a strange accent and colloquial language we call Singlish, but nothing too exotic  ;)
Funny thing is I haven't watched a local show since....... it's been a long time. I'd say 10 years. LOL
J

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2015, 12:08:22 PM »
Great! I'll be glad to help! I'm in a media school now so if you're intending to film it or anything I might be able to do SOMETHING. Haha!
Most of us speak English relatively well... a bit of a strange accent and colloquial language we call Singlish, but nothing too exotic  ;)
Funny thing is I haven't watched a local show since....... it's been a long time. I'd say 10 years. LOL

I always liked the Singapore accent. My roommate and his sister both had more heavy sounding Chinese accents, but others also had what sounded like an added "UK layer" to their accent, when they spoke English.

A great combo, indeed!

And I will let you know, too, Julian, if I come across anything Chinese or have any questions. Thanks for the offer.

-Jeff