Author Topic: July 2015  (Read 50545 times)

Mirosae

Re: July 2015
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2015, 03:23:39 PM »
congrats!! You clearly are on a roll.. :)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2015, 12:55:58 AM »
Congrats Deke and T.

Some beautiful and amazing pickups there.  clap clap clap

-Jeff

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2015, 01:27:08 AM »
I find a lot of the Shaw Brothers "country of origin" posters to be kind of boring but some of them can be pretty cool.  The poster for this film I think is one of the best (IMO) and I just picked up an original of it in surprisingly good shape.

TWELVE DEADLY COINS Chinese Movie Poster

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2015, 01:30:42 AM »

Wow, absolutely stunning poster.  I'm a catching the bug for French hand painted posters...God help me.

Offline hepcatpunk

• Hobbyist
« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2015, 06:48:59 PM »
Some recent buys---sorry for not taking proper pics yet, just no time for it.

-Brian

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2015, 07:25:38 PM »
Nice crop of posters there, hepcatpunk.

The Polish ESB is a must.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2015, 08:48:30 PM »
Wow, the new guys are cleaning house.
If I counted correctly, gargoyle and hepcatpunk sucked in 34 posters (and I believe, from 34 diff films?).
All great choices in title and design.
Very impressive.
I salute the two of you!

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2015, 02:31:22 AM »
A nice end to July for me.  As a side note, these posters demonstrate a pattern I had already noticed (not a hard rule mind you) where Mexican paper from the 1940s tends to be much higher quality than that from the 1950s and later.  The two '50s posters here are pretty good (though I have plenty of brown, brittle examples crumbling to pieces too) but even in these photos you can see the difference in paper quality.

Pepe el toro, by Juanino Renau (1952)

La trepadora (1944)

Soy charro de Rancho Grande, by Jose Espert (1947)

La sombra del otro (1957)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2015, 12:57:41 PM »

Ha! "TINTORERA"!!!  I LOVE this poster (and have one myself)! The movie sucks though (and I still own a copy--Ha!), but whatever. I am so glad there is someone else in the world who digs cheesy "JAWS" ripoffs. Bravo!!!!

This came in last night.

An unfolded insert for the 1959 sci-fi film, Cosmic Man, starring John Carradine and Bruce Bennett (born Herman Brix, and used that name in his earlier Olympic and acting career). The movie looks to be a bit cornball, but I think the imagery/art on the insert is very cool. (And my first insert).

Zowie Jeff! Very N-I-C-E. Bruce Bennett (as Herman Brix) also played Tarzan in the silent era. And yes, it IS true. Aliens ARE watching you even NOW!  EEEK! 

Congratulations. CHEERS!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:07:28 PM by Monster_A_GoGo »
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #209 on: July 28, 2015, 01:39:11 PM »
I love the simplicity of Mexican movie posters, yet they are so beautiful at the same time.  Nice additions!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2015, 01:48:50 PM »
Another great-looking selection, Deke.
 cheers

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2015, 04:09:12 PM »
I agree , those mex are very nice  thumbsup.gif

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2015, 10:48:32 PM »
I never share anything with you folks, despite everything you unknowingly share with me. These are not all from this month, but since I am making a picture list this evening I thought I would share some of the more recent ones. So I recently picked up one of the last 2 posters to satisfy my Resident Evil Collection(I only focused on the first 3 films). Based on a conversation in another thread, and sound advice I might add from ddilts399, I made an ebay purchase. I found the poster to be very pleasing, despite my previous skepticism in regards to its authenticity.

Resident Evil Apocalypse

I also wanted to share my E.T. stuff, these photos aren't mine, but you get the idea!

A Daybill, B2, B2, Thai, B3, and Turkish. The only one with folds is the daybill. I also have a U.S. studio and NSS versions rolled, a Danish (won tonight)and French 1p folded. After the Spaceship and Moon I think E.T. will be complete for me. Unless I find the lovely Polish, or the other 2 Thai. Some of these are not recent, but I never add to acquisitions so......
This Space For Rent!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2015, 01:55:56 AM »
Nice selection there, gingerman, and deke. Quite the variety and those Mex pieces are beautiful!

-Jeff

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2015, 02:20:29 AM »
Nice selection there, gingerman, and deke. Quite the variety and those Mex pieces are beautiful!

Thank you. I also find the art of the Mex stuff to be very striking! Well played Deke...and erik1925 that Cosmic Man is pretty sexy too!
This Space For Rent!

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2015, 06:12:53 PM »
been a wee bit busy to take any pics lately :(
so have a fat backlog.
but bought this, the day after chris lee died. so ive had it a while like.
im not one for photobustas much but i do like it when they dont look like photobustas and look more like posters than fancy stills. not a fan of stills at all [unless they make hooch!] haha

some great posters gone up in this section this month!!! :D
I don't know much, but i do know what my eyes are telling me!
Sean

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2015, 10:18:46 PM »
love that scream of fear (taste of fear).
I almost started a collection of posters that use this (screaming) image, as it seems to have been used all over the world for the campaign)
But I decided that would be silly.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2015, 11:31:38 PM »
I never share anything with you folks, despite everything you unknowingly share with me. These are not all from this month, but since I am making a picture list this evening I thought I would share some of the more recent ones. So I recently picked up one of the last 2 posters to satisfy my Resident Evil Collection(I only focused on the first 3 films). Based on a conversation in another thread, and sound advice I might add from ddilts399, I made an ebay purchase. I found the poster to be very pleasing, despite my previous skepticism in regards to its authenticity.

Resident Evil Apocalypse

I also wanted to share my E.T. stuff, these photos aren't mine, but you get the idea!

A Daybill, B2, B2, Thai, B3, and Turkish. The only one with folds is the daybill. I also have a U.S. studio and NSS versions rolled, a Danish (won tonight)and French 1p folded. After the Spaceship and Moon I think E.T. will be complete for me. Unless I find the lovely Polish, or the other 2 Thai. Some of these are not recent, but I never add to acquisitions so......

The other two ET Thai posters are very rare and hard to find. I have been hunting for the other two for a few years now.

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #218 on: July 30, 2015, 01:06:08 AM »
I agree, the other ET posters are hard to find.  The cool thing is that if you do find them, they actually all three go together side by side to make one super cool image!  I believe they printed more of the single poster you have for general exhibition.

Don't hold back...post more posters!   sm1

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #219 on: July 31, 2015, 12:38:32 AM »
I agree, the other ET posters are hard to find.  The cool thing is that if you do find them, they actually all three go together side by side to make one super cool image!  I believe they printed more of the single poster you have for general exhibition.

Don't hold back...post more posters!   sm1

Also in response to rdavey26....

I will pick up the Moon and Spaceship for sure, anything else will be a bonus. Like the Large Polish, or the Czech, or the other 2 Thai I would pick them up if I found them. I plan on displaying the majority of my stuff in the near/distant future.

What else would you like to see? I have some nice stuff from the 80's, LOTR, Disney, R.E.???
This Space For Rent!

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #220 on: July 31, 2015, 01:32:31 AM »
theres also this reissue et daybill incase you didnt know

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2015, 01:40:09 AM »
theres also this reissue et daybill incase you didnt know

I have seen this one. I did somehow forget about it! It is different art, isn't there a reissue OS with the same art?
I would pick it up if the source and price were right!!!!! Unless I am mistaken you know your daybills Ari, so is this yours?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:47:59 AM by Gingerman »
This Space For Rent!

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2015, 10:33:39 AM »
been a wee bit busy to take any pics lately :(
so have a fat backlog.
but bought this, the day after chris lee died. so ive had it a while like.
im not one for photobustas much but i do like it when they dont look like photobustas and look more like posters than fancy stills. not a fan of stills at all [unless they make hooch!] haha

some great posters gone up in this section this month!!! :D

I can hear the screams.  Great poster.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2015, 02:04:28 PM »
Really stoked about this one.  Thanks, Ari.

The German A1 for the classic Humanoids from the Deep (1980).

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2015, 02:23:21 PM »
Really stoked about this one.  Thanks, Ari.

The German A1 for the classic Humanoids from the Deep (1980).

very cool B!   thumbsup.gif