Author Topic: Thai movie poster article  (Read 18790 times)

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
Thai movie poster article
« on: June 28, 2015, 07:55:09 AM »
The current edition of the British horror movie magazine The Dark Side (issue #167) has the first in a two-part article on Thai horror film posters under the headline The World's Goriest Film Posters. It's illustrated with some great looking art including lurid posters for the likes of Evil Dead 2 (recently featured on the Film on Paper blog), Wolfen, Phantasm, and a bunch of others.

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
Re: Thai movie poster article
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 11:02:15 PM »
The current edition of the British horror movie magazine The Dark Side (issue #167) has the first in a two-part article on Thai horror film posters under the headline The World's Goriest Film Posters. It's illustrated with some great looking art including lurid posters for the likes of Evil Dead 2 (recently featured on the Film on Paper blog), Wolfen, Phantasm, and a bunch of others.

Thanks for the heads up on this.  Never heard of the magazine, but when I read in your post that it was a British I figured that collector Neil Pettigrew had something to do with the article.  Low and behold, it's about his collection.  Here is the bit about the article from there site:

World’s Goriest Posters

Decapitations, zombies biting into human flesh, people impaled on spikes, heads blown apart by gunfire and explicit throat-slittings… Lovely stuff for Neil Pettigrew’s bedroom wall!

Offline thaimovieposter

• Hobbyist
  • Welcome to Collect Thai Movie Poster
    • Thaimovieposters
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 04:27:19 AM »
WoW  !

Where I can buy this Magazine?  I would like to have one.  :)

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 02:42:04 PM »
WoW  !

Where I can buy this Magazine?  I would like to have one.  :)

It's pretty widely available in the UK -- many larger newsagents, such as the WH Smith chain, sell it. Or you can subscribe via their website. This is the URL: http://www.thedarksidemagazine.com/print-subscriptions/

It looks like you may be able to purchase one-off back issues, too, though it seems you need to register first, which I haven't done.

Offline TheQuadfather

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 04:32:02 PM »
Hello All, This is Neil Pettigrew. If anyone wants to get hold of a copy of THE DARK SIDE magazine with my two-part article on Thai posters, here is the way to do it.
It appeared in issues #167 and #168.
If you are outside the UK, then:
Either send a cheque to Ghoulish Publishing for £8.50 (that's the price for ONE issue; £17.00 for both) at the editorial address of 29 Cheyham Way, South Cheam, Surrey SM2 7HX
Or
Pay by PayPal to Ghoulish at yannieoverton@gmail.com

These prices INCLUDE postage to USA, Canada and the rest of the world.

I will try to post a sample page from the article tomorrow.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 04:34:12 PM »
Hey Neil,

welcome1 to APF.

Enjoy!!

(Great user ID, too, btw)

Jeff
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:48:30 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline TheQuadfather

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 03:21:44 PM »
Here is one of the posters which were omitted from my article in THE DARK SIDE due to space. It's the sensational Thai poster for THE ELEPHANT MAN painted by Kwow.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136646252@N05/shares/5hCWJz

« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 05:05:25 PM by erik1925 »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 09:46:14 AM »
 welcome1 to APF, Neil.
Your Thai Elephant Man poster is quite the ticket.
 cheers

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 12:49:31 AM »
Great artwork on that Elephant Man. One I wouldn't mind owning.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 10:44:06 PM »
 welcome1 to the forum! Since you are the real Quadfather I can now call Paul my evil step Quadfather :-*

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 02:29:06 PM »
Not sure if Neil P is still active on the APF boards, but he has been busy producing a new article on Thai film posters for The Dark Side magazine - the current issue (#180) includes a piece he has written on erotic movie posters and has more amazing artwork.

In the UK it's available from newsstands. Here is a link to the mag's website, where it seems you can also order a copy: https://thedarksidemagazine.com/product/issue-180-enter-the-third-dimension/

Offline TheQuadfather

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 04:49:40 AM »
To my shame, I haven't been active on this website for a while. But I am still collecting, selling and writing about Thai movie posters. They are my speciality. I will try to post some on here soon.  My latest article in THE DARK SIDE discusses some of the more explicit and erotic examples. Some of the best images could not be used in the magazine, on account of being just a little bit TOO explicit, so I may post them on here... if I am allowed.

guest4531

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 05:57:50 AM »
To my shame, I haven't been active on this website for a while. But I am still collecting, selling and writing about Thai movie posters. They are my speciality. I will try to post some on here soon.  My latest article in THE DARK SIDE discusses some of the more explicit and erotic examples. Some of the best images could not be used in the magazine, on account of being just a little bit TOO explicit, so I may post them on here... if I am allowed.

I let the admins of this forum decide but considering we got already some hot topics, it should be fine.

But let me throw a wise request, can you just put the links to the images (without the image itself) :)