Author Topic: Resident Evil  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
Resident Evil
« on: June 22, 2015, 06:11:28 PM »
Hello all!!!!    ;D    Please forgive my silence, I am here just reading and learning from the knowledgeable group that is APF. 

I am not really sure where to put this conversation; however since I feel there might be an authenticity issue, I feel this is the best place.
If any mods disagree please feel free to move this. That being said, moving on to my dilemma.

As some of you may already know I am a huge Resident Evil fan. I have been crossing posters off my list for specifically the first 3 movies. I am however completely lost about a specific design for the movie Apocalypse. The design in question is here on Impawards!

So here are my thoughts.....feel free to interrupt anytime...
This feels fan made to me, or more like a concept that was not used or perhaps wasn't widely printed.
On the other hand it closely resembles the Teaser from the original movie?!?!
I have yet to find it on a reputable site or auction. Even that one site eatbrie.com seems to be missing it!  ;)
I have only found it on Ebay from a few sellers(not to mention more than 10 copies from one seller), these sellers also show a slightly different image than what is found on Imp and Google. The ones on Ebay seem to be much darker and "The Evil Continues" is sized differently across the top. The credits are also aligned differently. Now there is a Dating difference, one Says Sept 2004, and the other has no date.

I am really tempted just to gamble the 30ish bucks and buy a copy. I have enough stuff from this title I feel I might be able to do an educated comparison.

Thoughts?????
This Space For Rent!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Resident Evil
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 06:37:06 PM »
Does Imp post "concept only" or fan-made posters on their site?

I thought they showed only actual, printed (produced) posters.

Hmmmmmm.    hmmm.gif

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 06:37:30 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 07:05:01 PM »
Does Imp post "concept only" or fan-made posters on their site?

I thought they showed only actual, printed (produced) posters.

Hmmmmmm.    hmmm.gif

See this was part of my original dilemma. But for example I searched EMP and found no history of it. I have looked at many sites like Kirbys or movieposter and they don't have it (instock???). Hell T doesn't own it. From past conversations, If my memory is correct, it also his favorite from the series.

That is why I brought my wonders here???? So I was hoping somebody with a little more experience might weigh in and confirm or deny.
This Space For Rent!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 10:28:57 PM »
Yes, they exist. I have one. The poster was the winning style in the design a poster contest Sony did back on original release. This style was not widely used for the theatrical release, the graveyard style was the one that most theaters got and used.

There are a couple on ebay, fairly cheap, no reason to believe the are fakes(I would not buy single sided).

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 10:44:08 PM »
Yes, they exist. I have one. The poster was the winning style in the design a poster contest Sony did back on original release. This style was not widely used for the theatrical release, the graveyard style was the one that most theaters got and used.

There are a couple on ebay, fairly cheap, no reason to believe the are fakes(I would not buy single sided).

Thank you for the clarification! So it is less common, but has little or no demand.
Out of curiosity do you have a picture to share?
Why not a single sided?
This Space For Rent!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 10:58:20 PM »
Mine is in a flat pile somewhere and basically inaccessible, probably would take a month or two to find it  ;D

I just used a stock image when I put it in the DB as it wasnt really a high ticket item by any stretch. They are not as common, but far from a high demand poster.

If you ever have the option of single sided versus double, buy the double sided. Single sided, while 99.9% of the time you have no reason to worry about repro's; repro's/and digital print on demands are far more common as a single sided posters so just safer to stay clear if you have an option.

Long term double sided just have more demand, many folks simply have no interest in single sided.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 02:22:52 PM »

Excellent info here.
Thanks, Dale!