Author Topic: SHUTTERISLANDOVMP AKA lisa*s_fuzzy_muffin SHILL, DOUBLE BIDDING AND BID RETRACT  (Read 35882 times)

guest4720

Hi all. New to the forum.  Longtime poster buyer.

I've been having issues with Joseph Croteau of Coon Rapids, Minnesota double bidding on auctions using both of eBay user ID’s then retracting

His two ebay user ID’s are:

Shutterislandovmp (uses this handle to sell)

lisa*s_fuzzy_muffin(uses this one to buy)
-------

For the second account you will notice he has 56 bid retractions in the last six months alone:

And here is an example of the tactic he uses to double bid on items to find out others max proxy bid and also to back out on auctions he’s over bidded on:

This has been going on for at least 3 years and I’ve called eBay numerous times and reported him and the representatives have told me they are working on it. You can search their item history for more examples of him doing this.

I just don’t think its fair when someone bids with two ebay userIDs on an item because they find out ones max proxy bid with one ebay USERID, retract the bid with that ID and then bid with another knowing what they need to put down in order to win the item.

Any other information would be of great assistance.

Once again Joseph Croteau’s two ebay handles as of now are:

Shutterislandovmp (uses this handle to sell)

lisa*s_fuzzy_muffin (uses this handle to buy)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
 welcome1 aboard, zac984.

Very interesting.  

If someone is using tactics like this at eBay for buying, it seems that someone could do something similar for items that he/she is selling, that is, running the price up to someone's max proxy bid.  

Anyway, thanks for sharing this, zac.  Always good to hear the different tactics that are utilized at some places.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:27:33 PM by Neo »

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
I would like to know...what OVMP stands for!! >:D

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
If this is substantiated further can we move to ban him from posting his auctions/sales on APF?
Chris

guest4720

If this is substantiated further can we move to ban him from posting his auctions/sales on APF?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=131469232934&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

here is another example. I'm not so sure he just didn't purposely ruin the auction because of timing/lack of available funds. I've seen him double bidding and retracting over 100 times.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
zac, how did you determine that both of the hidden/truncated ebay IDs are, in fact, for this person?

-Jeff

guest4720

1.   Because every single one of the 56 bid retractions on the lisa*s_fuzzy_muffin have come when shutterislandovmp has also bidded.
2.   Over the last 3 years of monitoring the bid activity of the lisa*s_fuzzy_muffin account there is a 99.9% match to the shutterislandovmp account-that is the prior account only bids on items the latter does.
3.   I’ve bought from both and the return address are the same: 2342 131st Avenue NW, Coon Rapids, MN 55448
4.   The descriptions in the listings for both userID’s are written in identical fashion.
5.   eBay confirmed an identical IP address
6.   When I confronted and wrote to the lisa*s_fuzzy_muffin they confessed through the eBay messaging system that there were two in fact two ebay userIDs
7.   Others can also confirm that the lisa*s_fuzzy_muffin account whose previous userID names are listed below belongs to Joseph Croteau aka shutterislandovmp:

guest4720

the lisa*s_fuzzy_muffin is the 575 because look how of last night the feedback went up to 577. Compare the previous retraction item I showed you (the Halloween poster) and look at how the feedback has changed.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Thanks, zac.

With all of the factual info you gave (IP, mailing / shipping address etc) it all certainly adds up & looks to be the same people/person. 

-Jeff

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Vick stands around with torch and pitchfork...now what?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Vick stands around with torch and pitchfork...now what?

He's a witch BURN HIM!

Chris

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
I have sold to this guy once on ebay. Had no problem back then. He does look like an asshole given the evidence...
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Welcome to the forum Zac, and nice work, we need more of this kind of shenanigans exposed...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
That's some fine sleuthing 8)

guest4720

zac, how did you determine that both of the hidden/truncated ebay IDs are, in fact, for this person?

more info:

here's the current jersey sale on the Croteau's account  lisa*s_fuzzy_muffin:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/lisa*s_fuzzy_muffin/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

here's the past jersey sale to Croteau's on his account shutterislandomvp :

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&userid=shutterislandovmp&iid=-1&de=off&items=200&mPg=11&page=9

here's the current Halloween DVD sale on the Croteau's account lisa*s_fuzzy_muffin:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/lisa*s_fuzzy_muffin/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

here's the past Halloween DVD to Croteau's on his account shutterislandomvp :

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&userid=shutterislandovmp&iid=-1&de=off&items=200&mPg=11&page=9

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
$83.00 for a DVD copy of Halloween?

Now that is scary!  :-\

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
you have a unique hobby Zac984 :)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline archstanton

• Hobbyist
$83.00 for a DVD copy of Halloween?

Now that is scary!  :-\

I remember that limited edition came with an original film cell and were quite collectible at one point (not sure if the case any longer, seeing as it's a DVD).  I recall seeing them at Best Buy for like $15 and then a year later selling on ebay for over $100.  

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
I remember that limited edition came with an original film cell and were quite collectible at one point (not sure if the case any longer, seeing as it's a DVD).  I recall seeing them at Best Buy for like $15 and then a year later selling on ebay for over $100.  

So a typical priced DVD that then became "hot and collectible" as a little time went by. Gotcha.

Good to know.  thumbup

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
What is the issue with the above auction? (Other than the zero feedback bidder who won, and now the item is relisted.)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Brandon, I think zac is saying that the seller also was driving/upping the bids on this item with his other ebay ID.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 04:35:27 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

guest4720

What is the issue with the above auction? (Other than the zero feedback bidder who won, and now the item is relisted.)

The two users are the same person: Joseph Croteau of Coon Rapids, Minnesota.  More examples of double bidding.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
The two users are the same person: Joseph Croteau of Coon Rapids, Minnesota.  More examples of double bidding.

Right, you made your point about SIOVMP and LFM being the same person.

In this case, it seemed like you're exposing shenanigans about another seller's auction, that the SIOVMP/LFM guy was bidding on.  It's a double shenanigan dealio.  :D

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
 bump.gif

Hope Zac comes back to the forum. We need peeps like him and Crazy Vick is dying to know what to stab up with his pitchfork. Its nice and rusty by now.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 12:21:58 AM by jedgerley »