Author Topic: Don't forget to recycle your materials please  (Read 5855 times)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Don't forget to recycle your materials please
« on: May 26, 2015, 11:12:58 PM »
Surprised (too lazy to search) this hasn't been broached but after receiving a tubie from EMP (superbly packaged!) i can't help but feel that it is a lot of paper to waste, for others to keep (like the nice 3-sheet I just got for example).  I re-use the supplies when I can but wonder if my buyer also will. Then comes the actual shipping line that gets it to my house...  are there ways of making poster collecting more carbon-neutral?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:17:04 PM by Crazy Vick »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Don't forget to recycle your materials please
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 11:39:29 PM »
I have piles and piles of empty and stacks of packing material including thick cardboard, bubble wrap and kraft paper - all saved some packages received over the years.  Anything that cannot be kept is recycled when possible.

I tell myself I am keeping it all for when I actually start selling stuff.  Then I think "good luck future self in convincing me!"...
Chris

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 05:50:38 PM »
I keep a bunch of tubes and card envelopes for if, as and when I have to sell my bits...

That which is not kept is recycled.

I am so virtuous.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 10:43:38 PM »
bumpers  :)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 10:55:24 PM »
Things come in but nothing ever leaves my house, so as much as I subscribe to your plea, my blue trash is always overloaded with tubes and boxes.  I actually had to get a second one from the city.  At least it goes to recycle, but it is a lot of money wasted in tubes and boxes.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)