Author Topic: High quality framer in Los Angeles?  (Read 8308 times)

Offline keith

• Beginner
High quality framer in Los Angeles?
« on: May 21, 2015, 09:24:25 PM »
I'm looking to have several of my posters framed for my office and home. I'm looking for high quality archival framing, as I suspect these will be hanging for several years. I haven't decided which posters from my collection to frame yet, but it will be a wide variety of sizes and values. Probably a mix of moderns (mostly my own films) and classics. Some will be linen backed, but most won't. Does anyone have a favorite framer in Los Angeles? Preferably on the west side, but it doesn't really matter.

Thanks for any advice! I'll be sure to share pictures once the framed posters are up.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: High quality framer in Los Angeles?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 10:23:02 PM »
i think you should show us some of those posters which is likely to help get the advice juices flowing... ;) ;D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:23:43 PM by Crazy Vick »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 11:47:44 PM »
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 11:51:51 PM »
www.hollywoodposterframes.com

Good choice here.

And so much cheaper than having things custom framed. Plus Sue is top notch and she knows her posters and her frames!

-Jeff

Offline keith

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 02:58:50 AM »
www.hollywoodposterframes.com

Thanks, this looks like a great option! Might be trickier for the some of the larger items (I have a few three sheets and large French and Italian paper).

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 06:07:06 PM »
I'm looking to have several of my posters framed for my office and home. I'm looking for high quality archival framing, as I suspect these will be hanging for several years. I haven't decided which posters from my collection to frame yet, but it will be a wide variety of sizes and values. Probably a mix of moderns (mostly my own films) and classics. Some will be linen backed, but most won't. Does anyone have a favorite framer in Los Angeles? Preferably on the west side, but it doesn't really matter.

Thanks for any advice! I'll be sure to share pictures once the framed posters are up.

Keith, did you ever choose a framer and get some of your posters all fancied up in some nice frames?

If so..got any pix??  :D

-Jeff

Offline keith

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 02:50:00 AM »
Keith, did you ever choose a framer and get some of your posters all fancied up in some nice frames?

If so..got any pix??  :D

Not yet! But I'm meeting with a framer this week, and should have some up next year. I'll post pics when they're up.

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 05:14:48 AM »
I live in the UK, but a lot of folk in LA on the expressobeans site seem to like Framing Devil:

https://www.instagram.com/framingdevil/?hl=en

Mainly prints on his instagram, but if you scroll down, he has done one sheets and half sheets too. I think he's popular because he can be creative with moulding/mat choices, but also because he does things the right way (all archival and reversible). His website seems to be down at the moment, but he has a Facebook page where you can get contact details:

https://www.facebook.com/Framing-Devil-226825879656/

Offline sederic68

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 12:20:44 PM »
Sue at hollywoodposterframes is AMAZING to work with!   So Highly recommended!  Eric
Eric

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 02:01:40 PM »
Sue at hollywoodposterframes is AMAZING to work with!   So Highly recommended!  Eric

Has Sue moved?  I noticed that her mailing address is now in Bellingham, WA.

I was thinking about dropping in when I am in LA next month.
-Jay-

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 05:56:02 PM »
Has Sue moved?  I noticed that her mailing address is now in Bellingham, WA.

I was thinking about dropping in when I am in LA next month.

WHAT?!?! I was just about to start taking measurements for a frame order.

If she did in fact move, that would be a boon to me to be able to drive up to Bellingham from Seattle and pick up in person. I am getting excited!

Though I guess it's less exciting for LA folks.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2016, 06:19:06 PM »

-Jeff

guest4879

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 11:18:06 PM »
Yes Sue has left LA. I was going to get a three sheet framed by her before she left but I spent the money on more posters :P