Author Topic: Star Wars Bootleg Posters  (Read 3941 times)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Star Wars Bootleg Posters
« on: May 02, 2015, 09:27:42 AM »
looking for any Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi bootleg posters with the exception the following-
Star Wars Advance B, A and C 1 sheets
Star Wars Triple Bill 1 sheet
ESB inserts either style
Revenge of the Jedi Cloudy corner version

If you have some but do not want to sell and are willing to take specific high Res photos this is for a bootleg ID section on a site I am doing so photos are just as good. Will be looking for other posters that are bootlegged as well shortly so feel free to let me know if you have others for different films.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:28:03 AM by Undead »
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Re: Star Wars Bootleg Posters
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 10:02:09 AM »
This is great. I don't have what your looking for, but if you can post a link here to the site, as this kind of info is a must for a poster site I think.

Looking forward to seeing it.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 10:45:27 AM »
A write up on the Chaykin was done on movieposterauthenticating.com some time ago...

http://movieposterauthenticating.com/wordpress/star-wars-us/star-wars-first-poster-the-chaykin/
Chris

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 10:46:26 AM »
I should add there are a few other Star Wars saga reviews on there as well...
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 01:49:24 PM »
Look forward, too, to the site, once it's all put together, Mike.

It's collectors like you with the the actual, factual knowledge that make these kinds of resources and websites SO helpful. Thanks again!

thumbsup.gif

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 01:50:05 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 09:27:31 PM »
The plan was to put together this big finished site but time and life will never let that happen so I will start out adding piece by piece and launch the main site hopefully some time next week. First parts to go up will be on Star Wars stuff since that was always my main area of research and I have the most info on it and then expand from there. Several people here have offered to let me use pictures of their posters for different areas so that will be a big help. In the end I would like it to be the beginning and end of peoples search for poster ID and general information for all types of posters from the dawn of cinema to modern times. It will have a lot of bootleg ID information as I think we all need a permanent site for that particular part and I think a well built site where the information is easy to find will be a boon to all collectors.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 06:55:47 PM »
The plan was to put together this big finished site but time and life will never let that happen so I will start out adding piece by piece and launch the main site hopefully some time next week. First parts to go up will be on Star Wars stuff since that was always my main area of research and I have the most info on it and then expand from there. Several people here have offered to let me use pictures of their posters for different areas so that will be a big help. In the end I would like it to be the beginning and end of peoples search for poster ID and general information for all types of posters from the dawn of cinema to modern times. It will have a lot of bootleg ID information as I think we all need a permanent site for that particular part and I think a well built site where the information is easy to find will be a boon to all collectors.

I can appreciate this! sm1 Looking forward to the site!
This Space For Rent!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 07:03:56 PM »

Since the other site is down, a new Star Wars site is much needed.  So I'm guessing it will not just be posters you own, but ALL posters from every countries around the world, right?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 11:04:20 PM »
Yes, it will start out with US theatrical posters and then move on to other countries, non theatrical, etc. and will not be just m own collection but all encompassing. This is going to be done on an as I have time to do it schedule though so I cannot say when "everything" will be up. Star Wars though I am hoping to have the vast majority live by the end of June if not sooner. The goal right now is to get at least US theatrical inserts through six sheet, maybe up to 24 sheet, up be the end of next week. After that it will depend on what strikes my fancy and so on until all of Star Wars is covered. After Star Wars I will move to other films, again as time allows, and in no particular order or at least none that is planned at this point may decide to do alphabetical.

This whole project is an immense undertaking and will take years to complete even if I find others willing to help. Once I have the basic structure working and am comfortable that it works well for the end users I will be looking for others that are willing to help out by adding to the sites pages.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 11:07:13 PM »
Just be prepared for bootleg creator/seller shenanigans (ala what Mel experienced)
Chris

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 11:11:35 PM »
I'm counting on it.
Just bleach the bitch!