Author Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  (Read 53148 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2016, 04:36:35 AM »
Nice to know you made it through half, T.

Seeing the trailer alone was enough to make me want to stay away altogether.

-Jeff

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2016, 04:39:47 AM »
Interesting your wife walked out and you stayed another 30 mins. Your wife must be easy going to let you stay.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 04:40:39 AM by 50s »

Mirosae

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2016, 07:37:04 AM »
Is it really that bad? Not my usual films to watch but I really enjoyed the Batman / Nolan films.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2016, 07:45:29 AM »
I'm expecting as much, i mean who's the shit-for-brains casting Ben Affleck as Batman?  At which time or on what level did that seem like a good idea...and why no one spoke out and mutinied against this genius from the beginning is beyond me.   spew

Mirosae

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2016, 07:51:11 AM »
I'm expecting as much, i mean who's the shit-for-brains casting[/b] Ben Affleck [/b]as Batman?  At which time or on what level did that seem like a good idea...and why no one spoke out and mutinied against this genius from the beginning is beyond me.   spew

Yes...he looks different...has he gone under the knife too? I was told that the dialogues were good, storyline was rubbish. Agree that he is an odd choice for a Batman....

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2016, 10:28:29 AM »
Is it really that bad? Not my usual films to watch but I really enjoyed the Batman / Nolan films.

Me too.  A lot.  Nolan produced BvS, and Snyder destroyed it.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2016, 12:46:25 PM »
I'm expecting as much, i mean who's the shit-for-brains casting Ben Affleck as Batman?  At which time or on what level did that seem like a good idea...and why no one spoke out and mutinied against this genius from the beginning is beyond me.   spew

God only knows, Vick.

And that's not how Hollywood works, usually. The ones who might have raised their voices in opposition likely could have been the ones that were said 'bye-bye' to. So they kept their mouths shut and said "great choice, great choice" to the powers that be. (Kiss Ass 101 graduates).   :P

-Jeff

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2016, 05:52:00 PM »
So sad to read this...I am a huge fan of Nolan's work.

I will go see it next weekend. T I do respect your opinion but Im that dumb kid batman fan that needs to see for himself.

Ben Afleck ruined Daredevil for me I hope he doesnt kill Batman too.

Mirosae

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2016, 05:55:59 PM »
So sad to read this...I am a huge fan of Nolan's work.

I will go see it next weekend. T I do respect your opinion but Im that dumb kid batman fan that needs to see for himself.

Ben Afleck ruined Daredevil for me I hope he doesnt kill Batman too.

Watch this ;)

https://youtu.be/0Y8iRvQdSGA

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2016, 06:27:29 PM »
T I do respect your opinion but Im that dumb kid batman fan that needs to see for himself.

Do not respect my opinion, I certainly don't respect others, which made me see this stinker even though I was told not to multiple times.  And I dragged my wife along and she's still mad about it.  What's the expression again?  Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2016, 07:07:52 PM »

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2016, 09:30:05 AM »
Not sure why Affleck gets such a bad rap.

God Will Hunting, Boiler Room, his directorial achievements are sterling, to say the least.

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »
For what it's worth, I too thought the film was lousy, all 150+ minutes of it, but Affleck was one of the least offensive things about it. Can't say the same for Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, who did his usual Jesse Eisenberg schtick and was just painful to watch. It's done spectacular business over its debut weekend (that's what months of hype will get you), wouldn't be surprised at all if the numbers plummet on bad word of mouth.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2016, 08:35:38 PM »
Didn't Damon and Affleck allegedly buy or rip off most of the script for GWH?  (but they are credited as writers)

Don't know about his Directorial achievements, I do know Argo wasn't well-received in Canada at first and Affleck got a lot of heat and backtracked in the end. 
http://www.economist.com/blogs/americasview/2013/02/canada-and-hollywood

I just remember his douchebag side flirting with the local music station interviewer...he did this on several occasions and looked like a fool everytime.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMq6xDHBKwQ   Granted there are a lot of douchebags in cinema...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2016, 08:45:20 PM »
Didn't Damon and Affleck allegedly buy or rip off most of the script for GWH?  (but they are credited as writers)

No, they did write the script.  What is true is that Harvey Weinstein, seeing great potential in those 2 good looking kids, hired a couple ghost writers to punch up part of the script, and what is also true is that Williams rewrote most of his dialog.  But none of this is anything out of the ordinary.  A friend of mine wrote 2 gigantic hits in the 90s, and hasn't had his name on anything since, even though he's worked on more than 20 movies as a ghost writer and lives in a $20mil mansion in Malibu.  Affleck and Damon got really lucky with Weinstein.  He gave them both a career.  And the rest, as they say, is history.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2016, 09:17:34 PM »
That makes sense, thanks.  Well if you tell me affleck wrote the "do you like apples" bit I might become a convert...

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2016, 10:02:50 AM »
Gawd, it was like being repeatedly punched in the face for 2+ hrs. I left with nothing but a migraine.

Idk who Snyder's fucking but you'd be better off with Michael Bay at the helm.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 10:08:09 AM by ladeda »

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2016, 01:40:47 PM »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2016, 03:39:55 PM »
This is bad news, I was looking forward to seeing this... :(
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2016, 04:48:39 PM »
Wasnt as bad as I thought it wasnt going be but not good either.

The movie was too long had too mush shit crammed in and was kinda depressing.

Snyder directs stuff blowing up but cant tell a story very well  as shit was all over the place. Probably lots of stuff cut and cut poorly.

As for Affleck was not my biggest casting problem. It was Eisenberg. I have no idea why he was cast or why he was acting like a moron.

anyway...

Wasnt the horror I expected and  it was a mess but it is a nightmare everyone should witness for themselves.  :P

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2016, 02:14:44 PM »
I enjoyed it even though it did have some drawbacks.
Now, I'll stream the Ultimate Edition tonight and see if its any better...

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2016, 12:11:39 PM »
I've only seen the Ultimate cut, and liked it. It's a film I'll watch again.... not next week, but I will watch it again.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2016, 10:15:30 PM »
Same here - skipped the theatrical cut and went straight for the ultimate. Really liked it. Even more surprising, the wife liked it, too!
Witty signature goes here.