Collecting and Collectibles in Other Areas > Show Us Your Other Collectibles

Vegetable/Fruit Crate Labels

(1/3) > >>

erik1925:
I dont collect these, per se, but came across this label, already framed at matted in simple black frame and white mat, for a whole $6.50 USD, at a local shop.. the money going for various local women's help groups. All of their art was marked 75% off.. so i thought why not. This one is from the early-mid 1940s.

Advertising art has always been something I've enjoyed looking at online and from what I have read, there is quite a hobby for those that collect these crate labels as well.

(This is hanging in my kitchen-- the subject matter was right)

Neo:
Yeah, those are cool pieces of history.  Various companies from that era had some great designs for the labeling, marketing, etc. of their products.  Poster Mountain has worked on some that are nice.

Good score.  cool1

erik1925:
Thanks, and so true, Brandon.

I've seen some appraisals in ARoadshow over the years.. Rudy Franchi was the appraiser. He made mention, that like any other kinds of this kind of material, the flashier, the more interesting, or more colorful the imagery, the more collectible it can potentially be.

Always amazed at how any of these kinds of items, that were meant for nothing more than to advertise a company and product, catch one's eye and become the next hobby to gather and collect in.

MoviePosterBid.com:
I have a few with either gambling or Las Vegas references
maybe a few with pinups..

they're cool.. keep 'em in a display book & leave it on the coffee table for your friends to look at

CSM:

--- Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com on April 17, 2015, 07:36:03 PM ---I have a few with either gambling or Las Vegas references
maybe a few with pinups..

they're cool.. keep 'em in a display book & leave it on the coffee table for your friends to look at

--- End quote ---

Poster collectors have friends?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version